Printing of DC photos at photolab - Need to adjust with software first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlim

Aug 14, 2004
Hi there,

I am wondering if I would need to adjust the photos taken with my DC before sending it to the photolab for printing. Or would the photolab people adjust the brightness etc before printing.

Thanks in advance. :) :thumbsup:

You can opt to tweak them first - in which case you should make sure that your monitor is accurate in showing close-to-lab-print-colors-and-brightness.

Or you can pass a small batch to the lab and ask them to adjust for you (spares you all the trouble if you don't know how to do it yourself).

Or you can send a set of 3-4 sample prints, ask for No Adjustment, and bring them back to adjust your monitor. Then adjust the rest at home (based on the newly adjusted monitor settings) and then send the rest to the lab.

It's entirely up to you. ;)

Azure said:
You can opt to tweak them first - in which case you should make sure that your monitor is accurate in showing close-to-lab-print-colors-and-brightness.

Or you can pass a small batch to the lab and ask them to adjust for you (spares you all the trouble if you don't know how to do it yourself).

Or you can send a set of 3-4 sample prints, ask for No Adjustment, and bring them back to adjust your monitor. Then adjust the rest at home (based on the newly adjusted monitor settings) and then send the rest to the lab.

It's entirely up to you. ;)

hmmm.. the lazy me says option 2 ... the adventorous me says option 3....

thanks for the suggestion.... cheeers !!! :thumbsup:

i brought some pics down to Miao Laan at Bukit Batok for the 1st time yesterday evening. alfred of ML advised me not to adjust the pics too much and leave it to the shops to do it. ML uses fujifilm software, and he demoed it to me on the spot how they do adjusting. i must say the software adjustment is much better than mine with PS. his explanation was dat the fujifilm software in the shop was calibrated to the photo printers in their shop. if i adjust my pics at home in PS, its meant for my screen. dunno how true lah. but, i'll find out in a while as i'll be collecting my prints from them later. ;)

nightwolf75 said:
i brought some pics down to Miao Laan at Bukit Batok for the 1st time yesterday evening. alfred of ML advised me not to adjust the pics too much and leave it to the shops to do it. ML uses fujifilm software, and he demoed it to me on the spot how they do adjusting. i must say the software adjustment is much better than mine with PS. his explanation was dat the fujifilm software in the shop was calibrated to the photo printers in their shop. if i adjust my pics at home in PS, its meant for my screen. dunno how true lah. but, i'll find out in a while as i'll be collecting my prints from them later. ;)

thanks for the reply / info. i guess i better leave it to the pros... especially since i don't have photoshop. cheers !! :D :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.