printing digital pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiphoto

Dec 4, 2003
Hi I am new to digicams, I own a Fuji S5000 and have taken my first batch of photos. I would like to know whether I should have my photos developed at a fujifilm outlet or can I just go to any kodak outlet for example. Can anyone recommend good shops that offer a good rate for prints? In the kodak website I saw a 4R print costs 40 cents but a fujifilm shop i went to charged 50 cents per print. Can anyone advise me? thanks.

I believe Kodak's website includes a $5 processing fees... So you might want to take note of this when developing digital prints...

kaiphoto said:
Hi I am new to digicams, I own a Fuji S5000 and have taken my first batch of photos. I would like to know whether I should have my photos developed at a fujifilm outlet or can I just go to any kodak outlet for example. Can anyone recommend good shops that offer a good rate for prints? In the kodak website I saw a 4R print costs 40 cents but a fujifilm shop i went to charged 50 cents per print. Can anyone advise me? thanks.

check out http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=31715

kelster said:
Donno where you're residing...but if you're in the western part...checkout below store in Clementi...heard good reviews....

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=49923

Or more precisely, Sunset Way. It's far out of Clementi Central, towards Ngee Ann Poly, where there's a lot of pet shops and a famous seafood restaurant. It shares a same shopfront with a specs shop.

No comments about their digital prints, but negative scanning is good and cheap!

I think this Sunset Way place is a good choice because its near where I live... pass it when i go school... haha. Thanks everyone..

brightanvil said:
I believe Kodak's website includes a $5 processing fees... So you might want to take note of this when developing digital prints...

No, Kodak did away with their $5, that's what i know the last time i went there to develop mmy shots. about a month ago.

you can go to www.netsimaging.com.sg

its run by this kodak shop at ikea. And it gives good prints at affordable prices of $0.30 if you sign up as a member through the website.

No service charge whatsoever, read the website for more info.

And plus, you can send your pictures thru the web and have them deliver to you home by post in 3 working days!

Definitely a recommendation!

one shop in Toa payoh(near MRT), $0.30 per pic(min 25)...i alway go there and develop my digital photo..... :angel:

jlpk007 said:
one shop in Toa payoh(near MRT), $0.30 per pic(min 25)...i alway go there and develop my digital photo..... :angel:

becareful there are 2 shops in toa payoh offering 30ct.
go to the one near breadtalk which jlpk007 talk about.
the other shop's image quality no good and eventual printout was obviously cropped heavily.

louis said:
becareful there are 2 shops in toa payoh offering 30ct.
go to the one near breadtalk which jlpk007 talk about.
the other shop's image quality no good and eventual printout was obviously cropped heavily.

i didnt know there was two in Toa Payoh that was near MRT...i always go to the one near the Breadtalk...quality was good...also the staff is friendly... :D ...

yeah.the one near breadtalk. :thumbsup:
They sell cams at a reasonable price too but selections ain't much.
and they don't give album and no small thumbsize printout.(i means the one for us to choose which to reprint,forgot whats that called.) :embrass:

The other one is more to the library side.just a small shop.
should be beside bengawan solo.

Ashleyy said:
is the one near Breadtalk Ang Mo Kio Color Center? this is the only one
I remember that is at 30 cents. :D

we are talking about toa payoh....breadtalk....think now should be mostly 30cent...last year i went to ask and they quote me 50cent per piece+$5 handling charge.... :bigeyes:

jlpk007 said:
we are talking about toa payoh....breadtalk....think now should be mostly 30cent...last year i went to ask and they quote me 50cent per piece+$5 handling charge.... :bigeyes:

haha, I'm talking about AMK Color Centre in Toa Payoh Interchange.....
:blah: :blah: :blah:

I got another question. What kinda touch ups should be done before sending the pictures for print? Leveling? Unsharp masking (Is it a must?)?

Vulpix0r said:
I got another question. What kinda touch ups should be done before sending the pictures for print? Leveling? Unsharp masking (Is it a must?)?

it is up to you whether you are satisfied with the picture..if you think they are good ...then no touch up is needed.....

most of my pics send for developing are not touched up...

Status
Not open for further replies.