Printer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

daphz

Apr 19, 2004
hi, I own a HP deskjet 930. Quite old already, but always no problems. Until now. The INK light keeps flashing. The user guide says to remove and reinsert the black cartridge, but still flashing. And the ink is 100%! How? Should I buy a new ink ($30)? It might not work still. Or buy new printer? My printer is about 3 and half years now.

daphz said:
hi, I own a HP deskjet 930. Quite old already, but always no problems. Until now. The INK light keeps flashing. The user guide says to remove and reinsert the black cartridge, but still flashing. And the ink is 100%! How? Should I buy a new ink ($30)? It might not work still. Or buy new printer? My printer is about 3 and half years now.

Try these steps:

1) turn on your printer
2) press the replace cartridge button and the carrier will move to the centre
3) remove the cartridge
4) disconnect the power supply to your printer without turn it off using the button on the printer, the cartridge carrier will remain in the centre
5) Leave the printer off for about 15 seconds, then replace the cartidge back onto the carrier
6) With the power-on button pressed and held, reconnect the power supply back to the printer

If symptoms persist, very likely the cartridge has problem.

If there're electrical contacts between the cartridge and printer, try cleaning them to see if it solves the problem.

if still cannot, contact HP. can get a new replacement. then try getting it refunded at a shop. then buy a new printer, that uses cheaper ink... hahaS juz some advices =)

me last time also got same prob... now switch to canon ink cheaper also...

Status
Not open for further replies.