Printer print dark photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

htthach

Feb 26, 2006
dover
hi,
I have an epson R210.
The photo come out from the printer are way too dark compare to the one i can see on the screen. I know that screen display will differ from actual photo, but this is way too different.
I did follow the epson print guide for CS2 but :dunno: .:cry:
Anyone know how to solve?
Thank you

Try to use another program to print your photo instead of photoshop CS2. Encountered the same problem but didn't have time to find out the real problem but it works on another software and so I left it as it is. I think it has a lot to do with color matching ;)

color space of ur pic,
is rgb?
if cmyk the prints will be dark.

jude

Check the gamma setting in your Photoshop program. PC usually use a gamma of 1.8 while Macs usually use a gamma of 2.2. So if you've set a gamma of 2.2 for your Photoshop when you're actually using a PC, your images will appear brighter on your screen and not turn out correctly for your printer. Go to gamma setting (look under the help screen of Photoshop) to check if you've set it correctly.

Another reason could be that you're double profiling... meaning that your printer is printing using one profile and your software is using another profile, which leads to confusion of the printer.

Hope this helps.

at first i use adobe RGB as said by the epson instruction
the photo is in sRGB so i convert it.
Try use others software still dark.

Then later i try printing using sRGB, the image is ok, not dark, but a bit look a bit cold i think.

I had the same problem with the same printer. I just brighten my picture before I print. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.