Printer for Photos

MGohzxc

Jun 12, 2010
Singapore
Hi, Do not know much about printers. Can advice and recommend a printer for photos.

Can google for reviews or not? Can state your budget or not? If you are on a low budget, Canon. For high-end, Epson is good.

Can google for reviews or not? Can state your budget or not? If you are on a low budget, Canon. For high-end, Epson is good.
Sorry. Yes I can google and can read reviews too. But do not really understand. Just want to find out what most of the CS members are using. For budget, I have to check with my Dad later.:)

Sorry. Yes I can google and can read reviews too. But do not really understand. Just want to find out what most of the CS members are using. For budget, I have to check with my Dad later.:)

Wah, "most" CS users? Very varied bunch. In all likelihood, 99% don't print at home, just bring it to a lab.

Just want to find out what most of the CS members are using. For budget, I have to check with my Dad later.:)
As long as you don't even define your quality level what sense does it make to copy "most of the CS members"? Do read reviews, do your calculations for paper and ink, check what printing in shop costs etc. Ah, and btw: there is a subsection here about printers and scanners. Happy reading :)

hello my young fren~! how are you doing? hope its holidays now, can take more photos!!!

haha, anyway, printer i think it really depends you want to print for what purpose? just print small normal 4R size?

or you talking about the larger size better quality printing?

anyway, why not ask some of the others during the sunchasers outing..

pretty sad i haven't been able to join the outings recently...

according to TS's profile, she is a 11 years old student, so can all the uncles, aunties, kor kor and jie jie please don't frighten her.

please help her in whatever way you can. Thank you in advance for your kindness. :)

btw, MGohzxc, I prefer to send my photos to the labs for printing, for better quality.

maybe this one?

T10-T11-(550-x-310).png

product brochure

Other brands at this price range usually is using black cartridge + color cartridge which means if one color in the color cartridge run out then have to replace the whole color cartridge. This model on the other hand even though is entry level printer is using individual inks which presents costs savings. And usually, dedicated printers print photos faster then AIOs. Also if you dont print often, the ink have the economy version which sells about $10 a color.

For crying out loud, TS is an 11 year old girl. Please do not be so harsh on her. You wouldn't want other people to be that harsh to your own children as well.

Hi, Do not know much about printers. Can advice and recommend a printer for photos.

Manita, we take the discussion off line. Bryan and myself will give you advice on this.

As long as you don't even define your quality level what sense does it make to copy "most of the CS members"? Do read reviews, do your calculations for paper and ink, check what printing in shop costs etc. Ah, and btw: there is a subsection here about printers and scanners. Happy reading :)
Hi Octarine, Thanks and yes I do abit of reading like canon, hp and epson. I am just curious what printer are most CS using and how they feel about it. Thanks for poitning out the sub section which I miss. Will check.

hello my young fren~! how are you doing? hope its holidays now, can take more photos!!!

haha, anyway, printer i think it really depends you want to print for what purpose? just print small normal 4R size?

or you talking about the larger size better quality printing?

anyway, why not ask some of the others during the sunchasers outing..

pretty sad i haven't been able to join the outings recently...

Hi enzeru21, wa.. so long never hear from you. Holidays starts from 19th. Try to take more pictures and learn more from CS and CS seniors too. I know there are so many brands for printers and just like handphones, I just want to know what is most people or CS are using. Maybe some breakdown very often or some brands are really good and cheap etc... yes Sunchasers will help me too. I hope to see you in outing soon. Thanks

according to TS's profile, she is a 11 years old student, so can all the uncles, aunties, kor kor and jie jie please don't frighten her.

please help her in whatever way you can. Thank you in advance for your kindness. :)

btw, MGohzxc, I prefer to send my photos to the labs for printing, for better quality.
Hello Uncle Catchlights, thanks for your help. And thanks for your suggestions and your kindness too.:)

maybe this one?

T10-T11-(550-x-310).png

product brochure

Other brands at this price range usually is using black cartridge + color cartridge which means if one color in the color cartridge run out then have to replace the whole color cartridge. This model on the other hand even though is entry level printer is using individual inks which presents costs savings. And usually, dedicated printers print photos faster then AIOs. Also if you dont print often, the ink have the economy version which sells about $10 a color.

Hello Reportage, thank you so much for even showing my the picture of the printer. You are very kind to even give me the explanation. But my Dad will also help me to look around. The reason for getting the printer is for me to try and print my pictures at home so that I will more or less know how it turn out from the printer. Maybe it look nice on computer but may not be good after printing out. I am just curious. Thanks again:)

Manita, we take the discussion off line. Bryan and myself will give you advice on this.

Hello Uncle Albert,
Thanks again. This afternoon went for lunch at Vivo with my family and also visit the Canon showroom with my Dad. We took some brochures back and my brother will also suggest which one.

mostly you will be printing in 4R, so get those cute little printers which cost around $200~$400 will be good enough and it comes with those economical pack in 50s or 100s . . . don't cost much as well . . . ;)

keep us update on your purchase . . . :)

Manita,
If there is any Harvey Norman (HN) near your place, you can try print your pics there.
You can subscribe to their HN 1 yr membership for $20+ (if I remember correctly), it will give you free printings of few 4R and 1 x 8R pics. Subsequently, if you print and show your membership card, you get something like 20% discount per pic. So for 4R pic, it works out to around 30 cents per pic after discount.

HTH

mostly you will be printing in 4R, so get those cute little printers which cost around $200~$400 will be good enough and it comes with those economical pack in 50s or 100s . . . don't cost much as well . . . ;)

keep us update on your purchase . . . :)

Hi Weegk, Thanks so much. Will check and when I bought, I will update.

Manita,
If there is any Harvey Norman (HN) near your place, you can try print your pics there.
You can subscribe to their HN 1 yr membership for $20+ (if I remember correctly), it will give you free printings of few 4R and 1 x 8R pics. Subsequently, if you print and show your membership card, you get something like 20% discount per pic. So for 4R pic, it works out to around 30 cents per pic after discount.

HTH

Hi Kwttan, Thanks so much for the information. Im not sure if there is a Harvey Norman near my place but will ask my Dad, But most probably will buy one. Thanks again.:)

I may be new to this forum but I am not new to printing. I have many years experience working in photolabs & even ran my own lab for 2 years. Now I do printing at home with 4 printers. Nowadays, photolabs have gone from chemical process (silver halide) to dry process (inkjet printing) So there's no more difference whether you print at home or sent to the lab but if you are printing a few hundred photos for a wedding shoot - better send to a lab for faster output.
For normal printing I prefer Canon printers. I had used Epson printers for 10 years. Their quality is not too bad but their machines required more service than Canon printers as far as I am concerned. Canon ink cartridges are more costly but the printout are better & the printers are cheaper. The IP4870 cost $199 & each cartridge cost around $19.00 - using 5 colours.
To my young friend:- if you only want to learn about printing & see how the prints will turn out as compared to that on your screen, you don't have to buy a printer. I can let you have my older Canon printer for free - still in very good condition.
Recently I bought a large format printer - Canon 5100. Cost about $4000 but the surprising thing is that the ink cartridge - 130ml cost $79 each. My Canon IP4500 ink cartridge - 13ml cost $18.50. Count the cost.

Hi enzeru21, wa.. so long never hear from you. Holidays starts from 19th. Try to take more pictures and learn more from CS and CS seniors too. I know there are so many brands for printers and just like handphones, I just want to know what is most people or CS are using. Maybe some breakdown very often or some brands are really good and cheap etc... yes Sunchasers will help me too. I hope to see you in outing soon. Thanks

haha, yes yes.. holidays start when i see my mummy no need to go school haha...
;);)

yup i guess uncle albert will be the best advice you can seek...

ya, i'm still waiting for uncle jacobs to have another outing.. recently all macro outing.. not my kinda photography.. haha... plus oso busy la..

will join in soon~!!!

If you are not in a hurry, an IT Fair is coming up on 25-28 Nov. There will be live printing demos as well as promotions going on.