Printed Photos have reddish tint

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokieda

Mar 20, 2005
I had previously a CRT and changed to a Viewsonic VA905 lcd recently. Photos printed previously were correctly matched to what was shown on CRT. but its not the case with this lcd.

i have read through everything in this forum but i have yet to find a solution. i have wasted countless photo papers and ink on printing samples.

my printer is Epson R210 and i have set my profile to sRGB for both printer and lcd but to no avail.

any advice?

Try converting your colour profile to CMYK and see if improves. Although it might be quite expensive to simply experiment, hehe.

tokieda said:
I had previously a CRT and changed to a Viewsonic VA905 lcd recently. Photos printed previously were correctly matched to what was shown on CRT. but its not the case with this lcd.

i have read through everything in this forum but i have yet to find a solution. i have wasted countless photo papers and ink on printing samples.

my printer is Epson R210 and i have set my profile to sRGB for both printer and lcd but to no avail.

any advice?
some time back, i had a problem with a pronounced magenta cast when printing with my epson 2100. after much experimenting and trouble shooting, problem was resolved by cleaning the nozzles. so try that if your printer has that option.

satish
cfimageget.php

What I did was I took out the ink bottles again and then mounted it back, it works after that for me on my Epson R210.

ortega said:
did you change the colour management settings to your new LCD?

there was no color profile attached to it so i added sRGB to it and my printer also has the sRGB profile

my inks are all brand-new, just bought and mounted

under the printer preferences, do i use photoenhance, icm or colorcontrols?

right nw its set to ICM, with no color adjustment box checked

i'm not sure if monitor callibration will solve ur problem anot,u might wanna consider it ?

my Epson printer perform real good with a callibrated monitor.

Looks like you might need to callibrate your printer as well. $$$$

Just a thought, why not go print a few 4Rs at photo lab, ask them no adjustment needed. After that bring it back home and compare... judge for yourself, LCD display or Epson prints closer to the 4Rs prints.

(That's how I adjust my Viewsonic VX912 LCD setting against LAB's print, not 100% close, but closer possible. So far acceptable result on subsequent prints and displays.)

Cheers!

tokieda said:

any advice?

Find an image that you printed before when you were using the CRT, view it on the screen and print it again *without* doing any further adjustment. Compare it to the print you made last time and see what's the difference.

If your print still comes out correct, then the problem is not with your printer. It is probably your screen that needs to be adjusted.

If your print comes out different than the original you printed last time, then it is your printer that is screwed.

Also, look for the file "PDI-Target.jpg". Send this to a good lab to print out a 4R and use it at a reference for colour adjustment.

Is it a tint or very thick magenta cast? If it's a thick reddish cast across the entire photo... suggest you remount the inks. If it's a slight cast, you'll just need to pull the red down a bit and reprint... next time remember how much red to pull and then apply it before printing lor :)

i've had similar problem but with greenish/brown tint using R310... helps after cleaning nozzels etc, but still not perfect......... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.