Printable DVD+Rs

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Anybody knows where to find the above two? I know mitsubitshi has the printable CD-Rs but what about the DVD+Rs? I bought a spindle of 50 +Rs to find that they're not printable.. (dang).

Am told only the -Rs comes printable, true?

if print with light scriber, need to get thoses cds that can do light scriber printing even if your writer got this function. the normal cds cant do it

Print on the R210 printer, not the scriber kind :)

i remember seeing it at SLS 6th floor.. this shop that sells tonnes of CDs/DVDs
I cannot recall if it's -R or +R already..

But I remember very clearly it's very expensive so I gave up the idea of buying it back then.

Can't be more expensive then I think it is, will have to go Zenix to check it out then, hopefully they have +Rs printable in spindles of 50.

I print a lot of DVD -/+R and CDR...... there's a two shops (side by side... competitors) at 2nd floor Sim Lim Sq.

Hope it's help.

I think I know which two you're referring too, any brand for the +R DVDs printable? Have you tried them on the R210? ;)

Yeah R210 :D

The brand is 'ProDisc' and the shop name is 'The Disc Shop'.

The shop at 6 flr sell printable DVD+R too, the brand is 'SmartBuy'.

Hope this help.

:sweat: Never heard of ProDisc, how's it's quality? :dunno:

Thank tim for the help :)

yups.. only the 6th floor guy sells "SmartBuy" that was the shop I was referring to. Ask about his 1 for 1 exchange policy if you spoil a disc. Friendly uncle.

'ProDisc', they are alright. These (and CMC) are manufacturers for many brand names. But basically you want to burn 'data' e.g. pictures, some document files or DVD video?

If 'data' then most of them are OK but if DVD video then that's different cos' some (brand) DVD+/-R will not playback properly in set-top DVD players e.g. jerky. The shop beside the one I 'said earlier', have a batch of DVD-R will jerk like hell, when play-back on DVD play but PC's DVD-Rom OK.

Since I mostly do DVD video, I usually buy a pc or two to test first.

Hope this help.
Tim

Yeah, basically looking at storing images and data on the discs, currently am overlaying the discs with a CD label before printing it on my R210, found it a bit troublesome, so abandoning the idea and switch to printable DVD+Rs instead.

hi espn, you can check out the shop chamoxa at sim lim level 6.

Actually have been to Chamoxa @ Funan, didn't find any the other time :)

I thought 'Chamoxa' don't have any printable DVD+R (as was requested in the first post), they have printable DVD-R anyway since I am going to Sim Lim Sq to buy a new scanner this afternoon, I can check it out.

Thanks tim, do update if you find any, I was rather interested in branded DVD+Rs that are printable like Mitsubishi :) So far only managed to find OEM DVD-R printables.

Tao said:
hi espn, you can check out the shop chamoxa at sim lim level 6.

I thought 'Chamoxa' don't have any printable DVD+R (as was requested in the first post), they have printable DVD-R

My apology, 'Chamoxa' indeed sell printable DVD+R and the brand is Verbatim (they are branded :) quite good), made in Singapore. They are selling for S$79 - spindles of 50.

I bought some during the IT show recently...

A1 Pro - about $1/disc
Melody - about $0.75/disc..
but some friends say melody not very good...

Hi Tim, thanks for the update! $79 for 50 is fine, will make a move down to SLS maybe tml or something. :)

I have used Melody before, failure rate quite high, now am a bit stuck up on branded DVD+Rs as I need to rely on them for back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.