print photo as living room decoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadexu

Nov 22, 2005
Like to print same photos out as living room decoration. the photo is done by Nikon 6MP DSLR (3000*2000 pixel). what is the largest size able to print? Is it possible to be 1.2m*0.9m (4 feet * 3 feet)? what is cost estimated?

Thanks for all advice.:)

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
actually the issue is how close will it be viewed. if its gonna be seen upclose, then the image quality i am afraid will not be good enough. won't have enough resolution to capture details to see upclose. in a way, where will it be placed will make a difference.

wadexu

Nov 22, 2005
Ha, Thanks for fast reply.

yah. it's all about the distance. we did simulate the situlation by enlarge the pic to 1.2m * 0.9m in the monitor (of course I don't have such a big monitor, by moving around), it seems quite OK from 1m distance. I think living room at least 1m view distance.

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
depends on your layout. if for example, it is behind the sofa, i doubt anyone will be climbing on your sofa for a better look. so u are ensure a viewing distance of 1m or more.

wadexu

Nov 22, 2005
Yah. exactly. will put it behind the 3 seat sofa

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
the biggest i printed with a 10mp camera is 20" by 30". the client loved it and it retained sufficient details for the type of stuff i shoot.

u can try sourcing for a printer in the forum. i got mine printed by a guy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom