Pringles cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youhong

Dec 30, 2004
Bought Pringles potato chips... The cap looks useful... See below....
Both taken using Nikon D70s with the same settings (manual mode)...
- 1/6second (light is the ceiling light at home)
- f2.8
- No adjustments made to the pictures...

DSC_0296.jpg

Using AUTO white balance...

DSC_0297.jpg

Used custom white balance with Pringles Cap...

Thanks for sharing. :)

thks for sharing...will try tat next time....actually heard b4 ppl using it as diffuser also...:)

Something to add also... It fits PERFECTLY on a 67mm diameter lens... Can double as lens cap if you want !!! :bsmilie:

Did something like this 2 years ago with coffee filters: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=83446

I think pringles caps suffer the same problem.. they will slowly turn yellow over time. :(
What I've been doing was to shoot a white surface... but dead not accurate at all... Giving the Pringle cap a try... Will do more test with it... The best thing is that it can double as a lens cap... Perfect for my 67mm diameter lens... :bsmilie: Anyway, I think plastic wouldn't turn yellow as easily compared to the coffee filter material...

heh no worries lor.. just buy anohter tube of pringles... ;p
Haha... Then can eat and shoot at the same time... :bsmilie: Then can buy anywhere you need it also wor... Cold Storage, NTUC, provision shops, 7 eleven... ;P

heh no worries lor.. just buy anohter tube of pringles... ;p

no need to buy!

if really damn giam siap can go dustbin look for some or when no one's looking at you in the supermarket just kapok one cap! :bsmilie:

I think pringles caps suffer the same problem.. they will slowly turn yellow over time. :(

That is their way of telling you... eat more Pringles!

Pringles cap dun have 77mm size.
How?

hee hee, right petition to pringles, ask them to give more choices of the diameter of the chips.:bsmilie:

Pringles cap dun have 77mm size.
How?

Can try those plastic caps from Tong Garden or Camel brand nuts. Definitely wider diameter than Pringles. Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you get fat trying out all the different brands...

You guys will raise up pringles price :cry: .

Regards,
Arto.

Nex time I see someone bought Pringles, take the cap and throw away the tube, I know its you!:bsmilie:

Haha... Then can eat and shoot at the same time... :bsmilie: Then can buy anywhere you need it also wor... Cold Storage, NTUC, provision shops, 7 eleven... ;P

Can try those plastic caps from Tong Garden or Camel brand nuts. Definitely wider diameter than Pringles. Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you get fat trying out all the different brands...
Haha... Will do a test and review when I'm free! ;p

Nex time I see someone bought Pringles, take the cap and throw away the tube, I know its you!:bsmilie:
No lah... I'll still eat the chips even though I prefer Jack & Jill... :bsmilie:

Did some testing... Pringles cap isn't perfect...
White-balance-comparison.jpg

wow. interesting.
It really makes me wonder why people are so obsessed with white balance if they are ok with using off-neutral objects to perform white balance. In that case, I still think Cloudy would have given a more accurate rendition and depict the actual mood and colour of the lighting more accurately.

I also wonder what white balance is used when shooting sunrise/sunset.. :think: :dunno:

It really makes me wonder why people are so obsessed with white balance if they are ok with using off-neutral objects to perform white balance. In that case, I still think Cloudy would have given a more accurate rendition and depict the actual mood and colour of the lighting more accurately.

I also wonder what white balance is used when shooting sunrise/sunset.. :think: :dunno:
i used tungsten WB for sunset shot before... :bsmilie: :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.