Prime Lens 50mm F1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2008
Hi there, I am curious about the abilities of Prime lens F1.4. I understand that this is a very good lens which could get you pin clarity photos, with excellent bokeh effect. However, is this lens equally capable of taking kids running around at F1.4?

Correct me if I am wrong, if kids are running around, at F1.4, my AF point might be wrong or out with their constant movement. I should instead increase it to either F2 of F2.8?

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Hi there, I am curious about the abilities of Prime lens F1.4. I understand that this is a very good lens which could get you pin clarity photos, with excellent bokeh effect. However, is this lens equally capable of taking kids running around at F1.4?

Correct me if I am wrong, if kids are running around, at F1.4, my AF point might be wrong or out with their constant movement. I should instead increase it to either F2 of F2.8?
At f/1.4, the DOF is very shallow so even slight movement may cause your focused part to be shifted out. For running children, u can put to f/2.8 or f/4, ISO bump up to 800 and select AI Servo as your AF mode.

Nov 29, 2008
Similiar to what I suspect as well, thanks bro.

However this is a excellent lens should you have cooperative kids sitting still, or while they are sleeping. But the tenancy is my wife n some elderly would stop me from taking kids while they are sleeping due to some myth which got no logic at all.

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Similiar to what I suspect as well, thanks bro.

However this is a excellent lens should you have cooperative kids sitting still, or while they are sleeping. But the tenancy is my wife n some elderly would stop me from taking kids while they are sleeping due to some myth which got no logic at all.
I don't believe all those myths cos i'm not superstitious. But for children best is not to use flash as it may scare them or hurt their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom