Prime 50mm f1.8 Walkabout Abstracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Hi all,
Went for a walkabout from Outram Park MRT to Bugis to do some shots and get ready my stuffs for my Guangzhou Business Trip as well. First time using a 50mm prime lens for walkabout. So... Enjoy them~ C & Cs Welcome~

1) Bicycle parked outside Outram Park MRT.

Edited-4350_for_web.jpg

2) Shelter Walkway from Outram Park MRT. Rotate 90 degree CCW.

Edited-4351_for_web.jpg

3) Support of the decoration for Mid Autumn Festival along China Town.

Edited-4357_for_web.jpg

4) At the garden on the walkway above the road. Nice patterns from the glass panes onto the pillar.

Edited-4373_for_web.jpg

5) At Chinatown Square if i remember the name correction. Nice pattern by the support of the big window pane. As mentioned last time in May, the glass pane really need some cleaning...

Edited-4399_for_web.jpg

6) Shadows by incense in a temple. Nice~

Edited-4422_for_web.jpg

7) Cracked Glass panes near Victoria Theatre.

Edited-4494_for_web.jpg

8) Inside the Esplanade. Nice.

Edited-4532_for_web.jpg

9) At the roof terrace of the Esplanade. Love the water patterns~

Edited-4560_for_web.jpg

10) Taken from the roof terrace. Waited for 10 mins before i can take a clear shot of the road. Tilted my camera for this shot.

Edited-4575_for_web.jpg

Once again, maximum upload has been hitted. If you guys are interested to see more, please feel free to take a look at my flickr~ I've managed to kill a number of shots, and 18 of them survived. Haha~

Thanks for viewing~

Nice Series. :thumbsup:

Nice abstracts man!

Really learn alot from your pics! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good work !!! All done with a single 50mm ? :thumbsup:

Enjoyed your works! :thumbsup:

Did u play with saturation, or filter effects to get that nice colour feel for your pics? :)

Sorry for the late reply guys, just arrived in Guangzhou today and got my company laptop from my colleague.

Nice Series. :thumbsup:

Thanks wranger~Hope you enjoyed them!

Nice abstracts man!

Really learn alot from your pics! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks oswin~ You overflattered me. I am also learning~

well done!!
keep it coming!! :)

Thnks juLi~ Ya sure, i will~ But only when i am back in Singapore in 5 weeks time as i didn't bring my dear D80 up to China with me.

Good work !!! All done with a single 50mm ? :thumbsup:

Thanks ezestan~ Yup, all done with 50mm f/1.8. hmm, just wanna try out shooting with the focal distance limitation~

Enjoyed your works! :thumbsup:

Did u play with saturation, or filter effects to get that nice colour feel for your pics? :)

Thanks cykic~ Oh, i didn't. I used the Preset Creative Effect in Lightroom to get the tone first, followed by further PP in CS2.

Like this one.. :thumbsup: Empty road..a rare sight during the day.

Ya, me too, in fact, i missed one chance to take a wider shot. The second time i tried, there was a bus there. So i waited again until this 3rd time. Hmm, cropped away an approaching car and thus, the tighter crop. :(

Makes me wanna take out my 50mm and give it a shot !!! Well done again!!!

Very nice shots~ Good composition. Visited your flickr, nice photos!

Makes me wanna take out my 50mm and give it a shot !!! Well done again!!!

Haha, i can tell you initially i've got plans to sell this great lens off cos of the difficulty with the fixed focal length. But i've seen great shots taken with prime lens and i guess, i gave it a try again and i must admit, i WAS too dependent on zoom lens and yes, maybe lazy to move more. I won't say my shots are great, but i am satisfied with the results. So you should go and try too! Thanks again, ezestan!

Simply inspired by yr photo bro.. nice .. :thumbsup:

Wow, really cool series.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sheer Class, my friend. Your shots are so good that one would have to nitpick to suggest on improvement
I love your no.6 and no. 10 the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.