prices of close-up filters?


Status
Not open for further replies.

kre

New Member
Sep 27, 2004
98
0
0
Singapore
#1
hello all,
went on a field trip today but badly disappointed with results I got. so seriously thinking of getting a close-up lens for my fz20...problem is cost, as i believe equipment inabilities can be worked around..just need something to get closer..haha.

so what is the current market price for a nikon 6t? or a hoya 4+? a hoya +4 has 55mm thread i believe? if so need to get step-down ring (62-55) for pa tube is it?

sigh. hate to spend so much...discovering more possibilities of this so-called toy cam so might as well put it to good use..
 

John Teoh

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 16, 2004
2,059
1
0
Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
#2
Nikon 6T is about $75 to $80. Hong Jia got it at $75. Hoya will be $30 plus at least I think.

Anyway, prepare to BUY BUY BUY :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Cheers
John
 

kre

New Member
Sep 27, 2004
98
0
0
Singapore
#3
places to get them from leh? later end up scouring whole of sg...typical guy la, zoom in, buy then run away already..
 

John Teoh

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 16, 2004
2,059
1
0
Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
#4
kre said:
places to get them from leh? later end up scouring whole of sg...typical guy la, zoom in, buy then run away already..
6T you need to check with Hong Jia. For hoya filters, you can find in almost all the camera shops like AP,CP etc. But price may varies.

One thing is that you must try to build up a relation with sale person then maybe you will have better price.

Cheers
John
 

zenman49

New Member
Nov 11, 2004
293
0
0
CCK
#5
fyi: got mine nikon 6t recently from cathay photo at $78. hoya +4 close up from alan photo at $28.

the 6t is fantastic! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: must buy if u really like macro.
 

tao

Senior Member
Jan 7, 2005
3,770
1
38
Beach Road
#6
got my 6T used for $50... god quality glass! :)
 

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
9,845
8
38
#7
tao said:
got my 6T used for $50... god quality glass! :)
God Quality? You are blessed... :angel:
 

rhair78

New Member
Dec 19, 2004
1,044
0
0
Singapore
rhair78.multiply.com
#8
John Teoh said:
Nikon 6T is about $75 to $80. Hong Jia got it at $75. Hoya will be $30 plus at least I think.

Anyway, prepare to BUY BUY BUY :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Cheers
John
Eh? That day on our outing, we went to CP at Peninsula to ask, i heard quote was $68 wat.. how come sudenly up to $75 sia???
 

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
9,845
8
38
#9
rhair78 said:
Eh? That day on our outing, we went to CP at Peninsula to ask, i heard quote was $68 wat.. how come sudenly up to $75 sia???
$7 .....coffee money lah!! ;)

Maybe the shopkeeper see John up..... :bsmilie:
 

Hong Jia

New Member
Feb 28, 2004
1,117
0
0
#11
Hoya +4 is also available in 62mm size, saw it at CP not long ago.
 

John Teoh

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 16, 2004
2,059
1
0
Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
#12
Zenten said:
$7 .....coffee money lah!! ;)

Maybe the shopkeeper see John up..... :bsmilie:
The price was actually given to me by another CSer about 2 weeks ago. As the matter of fact, I have not asked any shops about the price of 6T since I'm not really into macro.

Cheers
John
 

kre

New Member
Sep 27, 2004
98
0
0
Singapore
#14
just now happen to drop by cp...and i got quoted $78 as above loh. the indian guy say must indent one. so maybe look ard first la. the shop on second level think k17 photo or something selling the hoya +4 at $30..got any other place cheaper a not?
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#15
kre said:
places to get them from leh? later end up scouring whole of sg...typical guy la, zoom in, buy then run away already..
I have one Hoya +4 that I want to sell of, it is 58mm. as for Phayee Adapter, I am in the midst of making another round of order, if you want, we can discuss further.
 

Scann69

New Member
Feb 25, 2005
327
0
0
38
Singapore
scann69.fotopic.net
#16
Well, if it helps, i am able to get the Nikon 6T filter at $70 but i they wil need to order it which will take about 3 working days. Apart from that then step down ring from 72mm - 62mm is $15....a no brand step down ring. Interested, let me know. Maybe we can gather 2 or 3 orders and get this person to give a better price :D but i'm guessing it's oni going to be cheaper by $1 or $2 only :bsmilie:
 

awongkk

New Member
Mar 1, 2004
260
0
0
49
Tampines
#17
hi all, i think there has been a thread from me saying the Nikon 6T is going for S$6X at Lords, Lucky Plaza. When I bought mine, they still have 3pcs left. HJ bought one, so left 2 and that is last week. :dunno: what is the stock level now, can always call them up and check. tel : 62354605.

As for the Hoya, there are +2, +3 and +4, and thread size are available from 55 - 62mm. (diff. in price) Depends on which lens adapter you have, if you have the 62mm end thread, the Nikon 6T is not a bad combination but it's exp.

Why not get a second hand close up first, try it out and see if macro is really what you want ? cos' macro needs a lot of patiens you know ? Ask HJ... :bsmilie:
 

Hong Jia

New Member
Feb 28, 2004
1,117
0
0
#18
I suggest u guys get a phayee tube instead of a 72-62mm step down ring. The phayee tube come in 2 pieces and hence allow you to attach both 62mm and 72mm filter...

lf you use the tube adaptor for 62mm, it is about 1/2 the length of the original tube adaptor... and it cost only $10 more than the step down ring
 

Hong Jia

New Member
Feb 28, 2004
1,117
0
0
#19
awongkk said:
hi all, i think there has been a thread from me saying the Nikon 6T is going for S$6X at Lords, Lucky Plaza. When I bought mine, they still have 3pcs left. HJ bought one, so left 2 and that is last week. :dunno: what is the stock level now, can always call them up and check. tel : 62354605.

As for the Hoya, there are +2, +3 and +4, and thread size are available from 55 - 62mm. (diff. in price) Depends on which lens adapter you have, if you have the 62mm end thread, the Nikon 6T is not a bad combination but it's exp.

Why not get a second hand close up first, try it out and see if macro is really what you want ? cos' macro needs a lot of patiens you know ? Ask HJ... :bsmilie:
YAH lor... plus a steady hands and good flash with bounce.
When shooting macro, since the dof is pretty deep... it is very easy to focus at the wrong place... need alot of effort and skill
 

Scann69

New Member
Feb 25, 2005
327
0
0
38
Singapore
scann69.fotopic.net
#20
Hong Jia said:
I suggest u guys get a phayee tube instead of a 72-62mm step down ring. The phayee tube come in 2 pieces and hence allow you to attach both 62mm and 72mm filter...

lf you use the tube adaptor for 62mm, it is about 1/2 the length of the original tube adaptor... and it cost only $10 more than the step down ring
Hong Jia, Where can i get this phayee tube? How much $ am i looking at cos i'm about thinking of getting the step down ring today and get a polarizer filter at 62mm cos the 72mm is damn expensive. The filter will be a hoya filter except for the Nikon 6T which i have to order.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom