Prices of Canon A40 here ...


Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,937
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
with or without GST?

anyway, a A40 + 64MB at AP costs the same as just the A4- at CP ;p
 

copland

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
327
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by reflecx
AP - $530
CP - $580
John 3:16 - $550
Any idea on the stock availability. Heard that AP was ex-stock last Sat.
 

reflecx

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2002
757
0
16
Bishan
reflexaction.awardspace.com
weeguy paid $580 at CP, so I guess it must include GST.

$550 at John 3:16 is price you pay.

$530 at AP don't know got include GST or not.

The list price is of A40 $599, so I expect that it should drop to about $500 after an initial period, maybe 3-4 weeks? I think shops are charging a premium now as the A40 is so new.
 

copland

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
327
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by reflecx
weeguy paid $580 at CP, so I guess it must include GST.

$550 at John 3:16 is price you pay.

$530 at AP don't know got include GST or not.

The list price is of A40 $599, so I expect that it should drop to about $500 after an initial period, maybe 3-4 weeks? I think shops are charging a premium now as the A40 is so new.
was at Cathay Phtoto just now to play with the A40. hey refuse to bulge on the the $580 price.

Called AP and they quoted me $510 before GST. Say still got stock. Think its a very good price.
 

I

icematrix

Guest
yeah thinking of upgrading my digicam to this one. currently using fuji A101 hehe :D.

thanks for updating the price guys! now at least can gauge how much more to save :)
 

mylau

New Member
Jan 19, 2002
1,019
0
0
35
Originally posted by copland


was at Cathay Phtoto just now to play with the A40. hey refuse to bulge on the the $580 price.

Called AP and they quoted me $510 before GST. Say still got stock. Think its a very good price.
Go to AP. Everything I bought from AP is cheaper than CP. Damn CP. Sometimes price very high and still very stubborn.
 

Kho King

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
2,513
0
0
43
shashinki.com
Is AP = Alan Photo? Where is it located? Thanks.
 

Kei

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,080
0
36
Originally posted by Kho King
Is AP = Alan Photo? Where is it located? Thanks.
Sim lim square first floor :)
 

copland

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
327
0
0
Visit site
Update...

Got the last A40 from Alan Photo ($618 with 128MB CF). So if you are interested to buy from them, better give them a call to check availability first.
 

cwloo

New Member
Jan 21, 2002
150
0
0
42
Visit site
woo .. $510 .. luckly I sold my A20 fast ..
Let go @ $480 .. top up another $50 to get a A40 ?
;)
 

PsychoBoy

New Member
Apr 9, 2002
267
0
0
psychoboy.siaosiao.net
anyone know whether Havey Norman selling this model? and how much? I know it is going to cost around $200 more but I want to pay by installment as poor me don't want to take out $600 at one go.
 

PsychoBoy

New Member
Apr 9, 2002
267
0
0
psychoboy.siaosiao.net
Originally posted by reflecx


Good news for you, Harvey Norman is selling it for $599, which is the list price.
wow, just a little more than the price outside. that's good news for me. will go get it there then. pay 12 month installment each month $50 just nice. thank you. :bsmilie:
 

midreef

New Member
Apr 3, 2002
31
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by reflecx


Good news for you, Harvey Norman is selling it for $599, which is the list price.
Do you know what is included? Is it with the standard kit type, or there are some gifts bundled with it(most unlikely)? Thanks.
 

copland

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
327
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by midreef


Do you know what is included? Is it with the standard kit type, or there are some gifts bundled with it(most unlikely)? Thanks.
Shd be the standard kit. Same as if you bought from Alan Photo or Cathay Photo.

Standard Kit consists of the camera, AV cable, USB cable, handstrap, manuals, 2 CDs, 4 alkaline batts, 8MB CF and a partridge in a pear tree :).
 

PsychoBoy

New Member
Apr 9, 2002
267
0
0
psychoboy.siaosiao.net
Originally posted by midreef


Do you know what is included? Is it with the standard kit type, or there are some gifts bundled with it(most unlikely)? Thanks.
what I have read is that even if you get the camera in other shops there isn't any free gifts. You can always bargain with the sales in HN to get some free gifts from them. My friend manage to get a camera bag for free when he baught his G2.
 

F

fcpga

Guest
Originally posted by cwloo
woo .. $510 .. luckly I sold my A20 fast ..
Let go @ $480 .. top up another $50 to get a A40 ?
;)
that poor guy sure bang the wall.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.