Priceless Smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my opinion: i've tried to imagine how the pic would look like with the eyes open and I think the one we have here is better. It captures the natural-ness of the smile. Think about it, who ever has his eyes wide open when smiling? Good capture!

No eye contact is alright. Why be so obsessed with eye contact? Think out of the box for a change. I like this shot. It has character.:thumbsup:

student said:
No, it is the hordes of unthinking parrots and monkeys who did not understand why Leonardo et al did what they did.

I would dare say noone can claim to understand why Leonardo da Vinci did certain things. It's easy to interpret things with explanations that merely reflect one's own thinking, especially if the only one to answer the question with authority is deceased. Reality may be much more mundane.

Thanks to merkava74, Rev, student, Verywierd, LittleWolf, dts spawn & jbma for comments.

I do agree with student abt the eye contact. It depends on the photog.
Ppl has been associating eye contact with portraits for long and some mis-took it as a must to have when shooting. Be it opened or closed (refering to the eyes), the photo sure has it's side of story to tell.

Thanks to student for sharing your thoughts.
:)

Good Stuff! I prefer without eye contact. See you at work tomorrow.;)

student said:
No, it is the hordes of unthinking parrots and monkeys who did not understand why Leonardo et al did what they did.

hehe. gotta love honest brutal critique.

So scud, does he have 'priceless' golden teeth? Mebbe get Beautiful Memories to PS a cigar in there... priceless! kidding.

Eye contact is moot, if there's a preference for eye contact then how would one photograph blind people? Dont recall Ray or Stevie looking directly at the camera =P

Rev said:
hehe. gotta love honest brutal critique.

So scud, does he have 'priceless' golden teeth? Mebbe get Beautiful Memories to PS a cigar in there... priceless! kidding.

Eye contact is moot, if there's a preference for eye contact then how would one photograph blind people? Dont recall Ray or Stevie looking directly at the camera =P

can take one looking like this
http://kennyleesphotos.fotopic.net/p27349245.html

Status
Not open for further replies.