Price quote for product shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragnatic

Jan 24, 2008
Serangoon, Singapore
What's the average rates for doing product shots (for small to medium sized objects like jewellery, decorative ornaments, etc?)

i was asked by a friend if i could take some phoduct shots for his friend's fengshui shop. (most prob some photos for website or photo album to showcase some products) details i'm still not very sure, cos he only mentioned this once while i said i'll tink abt it. i'm no pro but i think i shd be able to handle.

how much shd i quote? any1 has any ideas? like for every product how much? or every (set of) photos for how much?

or how about a minimum or $$/per picture

i used to help ppl build PC.. minimum $100-150 or 10% parts cost.. the more ex parts u buy, means u have more money to pay for installation :)

hmm depends, if high end stuff, he sell 1k, ask for 5%-10% per foto minimum... if low end stuff... then see what kind...
Am I seeing things or hearing wrongly? You charge products shoots based on the value of the product itself and not based on your own pricing and standard or least based on the difficulty of the job itself? :dunno:

i will charge according to the size and the level of difficulty
Don't forget your rental of lights if you do have all the best.

All the BEST !

Am I seeing things or hearing wrongly? You charge products shoots based on the value of the product itself and not based on your own pricing and standard or least based on the difficulty of the job itself? :dunno:

well, look at this from tis point, if the item cost alot, of course they will be wanting to get a better photo taken, obviously you will need to get more equipment to take the picture.

For eg, if you are tasked to take a diamond ring vs a glass ornament.

diamond need more lighting to enhance the sparkle, so on and so forth.

a glass ornament, probably he'll just ask you to take against a white background.

thought you should know that...

oh ya just to add...

for eg, if you are given 50 items to take for a shop which sells home use stuff vs 1 diamond ring... would you charge both the same? like per item 20 bucks?

What if the expensive product is easy to shoot and the inexpensive product hard to shoot? Do you still charge based on price?

well, look at this from tis point, if the item cost alot, of course they will be wanting to get a better photo taken, obviously you will need to get more equipment to take the picture.

For eg, if you are tasked to take a diamond ring vs a glass ornament.

diamond need more lighting to enhance the sparkle, so on and so forth.

a glass ornament, probably he'll just ask you to take against a white background.

thought you should know that...

What if the expensive product is easy to shoot and the inexpensive product hard to shoot? Do you still charge based on price?
expensive product is easy to shoot, for this, hardly come by. got also taken by others liao.

inexpensive product hard to shoot, and this, we see it all the time, and the best is, client will tell you that you can't charge too high since the product is cheap cheap only.

u pro, still ask me tis question..

expensive product easy to shoot, your customer know how to shoot, still look for you?

seriously, by nature, if expensive items, normally won't even be handled by amatueurs, so regardless of hard or easy, pros already have standard rates per item for them. no matter how easy or difficult, its only for the pros.

cheap items... plenty... just whether you wanna take or not.

your questions are out of context of the original question already...

lol... i thought this thread is long dead.. haha
no news frm my fren, so i suppose the product shoot isnt going on anymore.

but thanks for the replies. will keep in mind if i have future product shoot to do. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.