Price of the slim type cir-polariser from Hoya and where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys

Anyone has any idea how much it costs for a 77mm thread and where is cheaper?

TIA
;p

Nikon CIR-PL II ~S$220 available at most shops.

Is that the slim type ah? ESPN... i need the slim type as i noticed the normal polariser will cause slim vignetting on the 12-24mm...

If the lens is designed for 35mm format and you are shooting APS size sensor camera, tend I doubt the polarizer is causing the viginetting (assuming you are not stacking more than 1 filter). Superwide lens tends to be a little darker at the corners simply because of light fall offs due to longer optical paths at the edges compared to the centre.

Bought a 77mm Hoya HMC circular polariser from CP for about $180 last year.

Need to ask some questions, hope somebody would help:

Would it make sense to buy just 1 77mm polarizer and then buy step-ups when needed since I dunno what lense size i would purchase over the years... ?

Which of the circular polarizers wont cause vignetting for 12-24mm?

Thanks!

anybody to offer assistance?

Yes, at least to me. I use step up rings for smaller dia but most of my lens dia are of 77mm.
If you are referring to Nikon 12-24 and the Nikon CPII it will not cause vignetting.

tec said:
Need to ask some questions, hope somebody would help:

Would it make sense to buy just 1 77mm polarizer and then buy step-ups when needed since I dunno what lense size i would purchase over the years... ?

Which of the circular polarizers wont cause vignetting for 12-24mm?

Thanks!

Hmm, Nikon CPII should be > $200 right?
Any cheaper alternatives like Hoya, perhaps just a standard 77mm CP? Any vignetting?

yep, as posted earlier, the Hoya slim circ-polariser retails for below $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.