Price of Sony F717....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goondu

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
For those interested in the above camera, I have been to Alan Photo yesterday afternoon, and have been quoted the Sony F717 at $1500 w/o GST.

Also ask about the S2 Pro and the price is $3600 inclusive of GST.

Thanks Goondu ! I'm certainly interested in buying the F717 during my next trip to Singapore.

Any idea how much 128Mb memory sticks cost (cheapest) ?

thanks,

senhwei

Can you guys clarify something for me ?

I'll be in Singapore to buy the F717 to take back to Sydney - in this case, I don't have to pay GST right ? Or is there a scheme that allows me to claim a GST refund at the airport ?

thanks !

senhwei

Originally posted by senhwei
Can you guys clarify something for me ?

I'll be in Singapore to buy the F717 to take back to Sydney - in this case, I don't have to pay GST right ? Or is there a scheme that allows me to claim a GST refund at the airport ?

thanks !

senhwei

First, do the bargaining with the staff of AP and never let them know you are a tourist (or are you?). Only when it comes to payment, you can ask them about the GST thingy.

If I am not wrong, you still need to pay GST first and upon arrival at the airport, you can claimed back the GST amount.

Last but not least, the price above is quoted based on either cash or nets payment. For credit card purchases, they may add a 2 or 3%.

P/S: I have seen somewhere that the F717 costs about $16xx, and therefore do not know whether I have been taken as a fool by the quote. But since buying almost all my stuff at AP previously, I doubt that.

Look for Sam, KH Tan or Steven in AP. They are the persons that I have deal with them before.

Hope that helps. :)

I just received an e-quote from CP :

Sony DSC-F717 @ S$1,500.00

Date : 3 Oct. 2002 / SL

Price : nett and subject to 3% GST
Delivery : ex-stock subject to prior sales, unless otherwise stated. Terms of Payment : Cash / Net

Validity of Quote : 1 week *
* price subject to change after validity prior, without prior notice.

I just received an e-quote from CP :

Sony DSC-F717 @ S$1,500.00

Date : 3 Oct. 2002 / SL

Price : nett and subject to 3% GST
Delivery : ex-stock subject to prior sales, unless otherwise stated. Terms of Payment : Cash / Net

Validity of Quote : 1 week *
* price subject to change after validity prior, without prior notice.

Good for you. Looks like you have more than 1 place to do your shopping. ;p

If you decide to buy from CP, make sure to print out the e-quote to show to them. :)

Don't tell them u are tourist, u are singaporean!!!

Claim back your GST at the airport, there is a counter there for you. Just ask the staff there.

Originally posted by Zoomer
Don't tell them u are tourist, u are singaporean!!!

Claim back your GST at the airport, there is a counter there for you. Just ask the staff there.

If I am not wrong, you still need the shop you purchase from to fill up a form, and together with the company stamp, in order to claim the GST rebate from the airport.

Am I right, wrong? :dunno:

Originally posted by Goondu

If I am not wrong, you still need the shop you purchase from to fill up a form, and together with the company stamp, in order to claim the GST rebate from the airport.

u are right! but whoever's buying, please pay up 1st and with the cam in your hands, then enquire abt the GST refund thingy:bsmilie:

Thanks for your tips ! I'll have to try and pass myself off as a local. Shouldn't be too hard ...

Maybe some singlish will help? :D

Originally posted by Goondu

You are right.

GST Tourist Refund Scheme

why is it that CP equoted me $1600 for the 717? Don't they fix their prices

item ;
1) Sony cybershot DSC-F717 @ S$1,600.00
2) Sony HVL1000 flash @ S$160.00

Date : 8 Oct. 2002 / SL

Originally posted by JaGr
why is it that CP equoted me $1600 for the 717? Don't they fix their prices

item ;
1) Sony cybershot DSC-F717 @ S$1,600.00