Price of Sigma 10-20mm F3.5

Syvest

Jan 8, 2011
Does anyone know where to buy Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 Pentax mount? And the price?

Checked with Cathay, they don't carry Pentax mount.

Hi i think OP, SLR and maybe Alan Photo may sell :)

Wow, all dun carry have to indent
SLR 917$ takes 2 month
OP 1040$ takes 3 weeks
Very expensive, anyone got other suggestion for wide angle

SLR (early this year) had the Sigma 12-24 which is a full frame lens. Good if you are one hoping for Pentax to come up with a FF DSLR in your lifetime. It's normal price was around 1.2k but had dropped to closer to 1k. If you read pentaxforums reviews it bests even the Pentax 12-24 and Tamron 10-24 in IQ. Only reservation, if you read reviews of Canon & Nikon copies is that on FF, the edge sharpness is not as good (which is kinda normal isn't it?).

GSiGuy said:
SLR (early this year) had the Sigma 12-24 which is a full frame lens. Good if you are one hoping for Pentax to come up with a FF DSLR in your lifetime. It's normal price was around 1.2k but had dropped to closer to 1k. If you read pentaxforums reviews it bests even the Pentax 12-24 and Tamron 10-24 in IQ. Only reservation, if you read reviews of Canon & Nikon copies is that on FF, the edge sharpness is not as good (which is kinda normal isn't it?).

This lens doesn't allow use of filters out of the box, IIRC.

Does anyone know where to buy Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 Pentax mount? And the price?

Checked with Cathay, they don't carry Pentax mount.

Just get the 10-20/3.5-5.6 or the Pentax 12-24/4.
You don't really need constant f3.5 for a UWA like 10-20mm.
On the other hand the f4 on the 12-24 makes more sense as 24mm on the long end can be used as a wide angle walkabout lens.

Don't need to over analyze.
Good photos have been taken with any of the UWA options.

Yes, I would go with the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6.

Alternatively if you don't mind just a touch less corner sharpness the Tamron 10-24mm (what I use right now).

edutilos- said:
This lens doesn't allow use of filters out of the box, IIRC.

Using one right now.. Bulging front element, hv to use gelatin filters at the back. But maybe on apsc may be able to screw into the cylindrical tube that has filter threads w/o vignetting. Just get a dx lens lah, less troublesome

Isn't Pentax 8-16mm f4-5.6 better than any of these?

No, whatever UWA lens, just need to bring Edutilos with you to press the shutter button. :D :D

SLR 917$ takes 2 month
OP 1040$ takes 3 weeks

so SLR $917take 2 month is for F3.5 right?

how about Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6?

pinholecam said:
No, whatever UWA lens, just need to bring Edutilos with you to press the shutter button. :D :D

This is so true

Isn't Pentax 8-16mm f4-5.6 better than any of these?

Jokes aside, I don't find that 8-16 is necessarily the best lens of them.

1. You need to make your own filter holder since it does not hold one by default.
2. 8mm on the wide end is good, but 16mm on the long end can be still too short.

SLR 917$ takes 2 month
OP 1040$ takes 3 weeks

guess get it online is much faster and cheaper for 10-20mm

Just get the 10-20/3.5-5.6 or the Pentax 12-24/4.
You don't really need constant f3.5 for a UWA like 10-20mm.

What I know F3.5 is sharper.
Might be due to F3.5 version has 2 X ELD, 1 X SLD element, compare to F4 -5.6 version has no ELD but 3 X SLD element.

What I know F3.5 is sharper.
Might be due to F3.5 version has 2 X ELD, 1 X SLD element, compare to F4 -5.6 version has no ELD but 3 X SLD element.

Hrm, the only review I've seen comparing the two is on Photozone.de and I recall the F/3.5 was a poor performer there. But could be a lemon.