price of olympus c-700

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaotic

Feb 14, 2002
I've been looking around the internet for best price in US for c-700... I managed to find one for $413US approx $760SGD . Is that a good price to buy it for?

Originally posted by chaotic
I've been looking around the internet for best price in US for c-700... I managed to find one for $413US approx $760SGD . Is that a good price to buy it for?

The average price is abt S$900 in Singapore.

Don't forget to check the shipping....it may be expensive.

See http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1939 for our previous discussion of purchasing online from overseas. :)

thanks for the fast reply. I just happen to be in the US at the moment so I want to get one here so that I can capture my moments here. But I am really considering hard because it's a big expense. ;-)

thanks for the fast reply. I just happen to be in the US at the moment so I want to get one here so that I can capture my moments here. But I am really considering hard because it's a big expense. ;-)

Hmm....the price seems tempting but unless u walk into a store to purchase it and check on the spot, it'll be a hussle if there's any problem. Also, note that the warranty doesn't apply in Singapore when u r back.

It also depends on how much longer would u be in the US...if u r studying or working there for an extended period...then buying i the US would be a much more attractive option. ;)

I'm staying here about a few months only. Any one using c-3020 here? I am trying to decide between c-3020 and c-700... tough decision. ;-)

the price i quoted was with delivery... and delivery cost was about $20US, that's why it's more expensive... sigh...

I'm staying here about a few months only. Any one using c-3020 here? I am trying to decide between c-3020 and c-700... tough decision. ;-)

I'm using C700uz. Actually if you are looking at the 900 dollars range. There is 2 clear winner ( C700uz or C2100uz). Then you will have to decide on the two. C700uz is 'VERY' light and small(smallest in the world for a 10x optical zoom camera) but it comes without IS.

C2100uz, which comes with IS and have the same features as C700uz is much more bulkier and heavier.

For me, because I enjoy taking pictures on the streets, animals, travel, trekking, I opt for the lightweight and powerful C700uz.
I have a tripod with me at anytime so I dun have to bother about IS a lot =p

P.S: important to note that international warrenty is not accepted in Olympus Singapore. If you buy it and then it get damage, then you try to bring it to Olympus Singapore, they will charge a lot for the repair.

Originally posted by Klause

P.S: important to note that international warrenty is not accepted in Olympus Singapore. If you buy it and then it get damage, then you try to bring it to Olympus Singapore, they will charge a lot for the repair.

And there will be no free hotpixel mapping for you. ;)

how does the 2 olympus cameras compare to the Nikon 995? Now the price seems to be quite similar.

how does the 2 olympus cameras compare to the Nikon 995? Now the price seems to be quite similar.

they have much bigger zoom. 995's advantage is the higher MP, swivel body and ability to accept IBM Microdrives.

Originally posted by Klause

I'm using C700uz. Actually if you are looking at the 900 dollars range. There is 2 clear winner ( C700uz or C2100uz). Then you will have to decide on the two. C700uz is 'VERY' light and small(smallest in the world for a 10x optical zoom camera) but it comes without IS.

C2100uz, which comes with IS and have the same features as C700uz is much more bulkier and heavier.

For me, because I enjoy taking pictures on the streets, animals, travel, trekking, I opt for the lightweight and powerful C700uz.
I have a tripod with me at anytime so I dun have to bother about IS a lot =p

isnt a tripod with c700 bigger than C2100 which with IS, can be used without tripid??

Originally posted by hong

isnt a tripod with c700 bigger than C2100 which with IS, can be used without tripid??
IMHO, C2100 can be used without tripid (just kidding :D ) but cannot be use without tripod if you want to take night shots for 1s exposure. With the IS, C2100 may allow you to hold the DC with your hands and shoot at 1/10s but not at 1s to 4s. I can only hold my DC with hands up to 1/30s so the IS give you the advantage from 1/30s to 1/10s. May be you are martial art expert and can do it at 1/2s but I don't think anybody can hold it slower than that.

Hey, may be we should do that in our Oly gathering. run a competition to see who can hold the slowest shutter speed. BTW, I don't own a C2100 but I hear a lot from Jayan so hopefully my HO not too far out. As usual, if I said anything wrong, Jayan will charge in on a white horse to save me from embrassment, right Bro!;)

Oh no! I couldn't resist the temptation... I bought a Nikon 995... it seems like not a popular model here...

Oh no! I couldn't resist the temptation... I bought a Nikon 995... it seems like not a popular model here...

It's a good DC.....:)

:D Wow! I didn't know that...lemme go home and try it out!!!!

Not true, YSLee and CKiang have it too. It is a good DC like Jayan said.

Originally posted by Jayan

:D Wow! I didn't know that...lemme go home and try it out!!!!

Ya, if i will to carry a tripod with c700, i might as well go with C2100 which allows longer exposure to capture still image

can't put it this way. IS helps to a certain extent but if you're going for really long zoom or in low lighting conditions, tripod would still be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.