Price of hard drives nowadays?

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
Hey guys, got a question. What's the general price of external hard drives nowadays, and what other factors other than storage/spin-speed/connection?

I saw a USB2.0 / USB3.0 Western Digital 1TB 3.5" powered going for S$89 in challenger and I'm just wondering if that's a good price?

Hey guys, got a question. What's the general price of external hard drives nowadays, and what other factors other than storage/spin-speed/connection?

I saw a USB2.0 / USB3.0 Western Digital 1TB 3.5" powered going for S$89 in challenger and I'm just wondering if that's a good price?

I saw a 2TB 3.5" Western Digital in IT fair selling for $129

U can find few dollar cheaper at SLS which i'm sure. Get those USB3.0 ready one for future usage. HDD price is alway dropping, which mean Price good for today might not be tml. Walk ard at SLS 4/5th floor to compare price and spec. SSD world is coming!

Headshotzx said:

I got my 2tb USB 3.0 at 150 @ it show

You can always check Fuwell's price list (google for their site) or Video Pro.

After buying from Sim Lim for so long, you should know that these are two shops with not so bad prices and they have a convenient (and rather regularly updated) price list on their sites.

edutilos- said:
You can always check Fuwell's price list (google for their site) or Video Pro.

After buying from Sim Lim for so long, you should know that these are two shops with not so bad prices and they have a convenient (and rather regularly updated) price list on their sites.
Yes...go to WWW.hardwarezone.com, the price guide contains price lists of almost all the shops.

Beside the ones mentioned by TS,
other factors to look for includes but not limited to:

1. Form factor (Internal, external, portable and etc)
2. Type (2.5", 3.5", hybrid ram, SSD)
3. Software included (Backup, encryption, etc)
4. Years of warranty
5. HDD cache size
6. Reliability (MTBF, also classification for consumer, corporate, miltary)