Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Violett
Hi all,
anyone knows the price of Nikon F80?

at Max Photo 2 months ago:-

F80- $630
F80D- $680
F80S- $???

The prices above for the body only. No lens.

Originally posted by NitroTech

at Max Photo 2 months ago:-

F80- $630
F80D- $680
F80S- $???

The prices above for the body only. No lens.

In Singapore it will be around $950 for a F80S.
If getting it from Hong kong, it will be around $730!!!
$200++ difference man!!! ;)

Don't bother about the F80S.. just get the F80 body, and please make it black.

Originally posted by YSLee
Don't bother about the F80S.. just get the F80 body, and please make it black.

Dun really agreed with you on dun bother about F80S! It up to individual, whether the imprint of F-stop and shutter speed on the negatives'/slides' itself is useful!
To me, this sometime comes in handy, imagine that on certain occasions, when you are not sure the correct exposure to use on a subject and have to do multi-bracketing, isn't it a hassle if a photographer have to write down the F-stop and shutter speed everytime he shoots? (for learning sake!)

$300 vs $5 pen/paper notebook combo that actually is better for learning? Also after a while the benefit will wear off, as your experience can tell you what you took the shot at. And since you'll be shooting less with film, I'm sure your memory can roughly recall what settings you took for the shots you feel that matter or want to experiment with.

the reason not going for F80S is because of the price different, not because the S back is useless. A data printing option is certainly very useful and convenient comparing to notebook, especially for beginners that just start out experimenting/testing/trying...

Originally posted by Kho King
the reason not going for F80S is because of the price different, not because the S back is useless. A data printing option is certainly very useful and convenient comparing to notebook, especially for beginners that just start out experimenting/testing/trying...

Good say Kho King. ;)
Yup! Its definitely useful and convenient (At least to me).
As what I've said, its up to individual to decide whether this features is useful to them & making sure that the money is well spend! :)

Oh well, it's your money.

Originally posted by Kit

and what would be your rationale of asking someone intending to get a F80(probably with a budget enough to get a F80) to get a F100?

I have very good rationale actually. She should not buy the projector instead spend on a better camera.

Refer to this regarding the projector

maddog: What people place as priorities are different, some may place a higher priority on a home entertainment system instead. Consumer willingness to purchase a good is up to them, we can give suggestions, but unless the product in question is a total lemon, I fail to see what's wrong with having different priorities.

Originally posted by maddog

I have very good rationale actually. She should not buy the projector instead spend on a better camera.

Refer to this regarding the projector

Why, should she not spend on the projector??? And why not she just sell her coolpix 4500 and top it up to get an F5 instead of the F100?? Sheeeesh.......

Status
Not open for further replies.