Price of Chivas Regal whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit_fisto

May 25, 2005
At home
Hey guys, any idea how much does a 750ml of 12 year old Chivas regal premium scotch whisky cost?

hmm icic, will the quality degrade if kept for a few years?

12 years old is underage ... :nono:

You need to keep until 21 years old .... of legal age ... :bsmilie:

KNIGHT ONG said:
12 years old is underage ... :nono:

You need to keep until 21 years old .... of legal age ... :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: 18 yrs old can drink liao la :sticktong

Think should be ok to leave it ard for few years shld be okie la

kit_fisto said:
Hey guys, any idea how much does a 750ml of 12 year old Chivas regal premium scotch whisky cost?

Sounds interesting! I've got a friend who has a really old Johnny walker black label, about 30 years old! From scotland I heard and best part is his bottle has a glass straw in it and 30years back the JW fellows in scotland actually offered him a dozen JW in exchange for this "defect"

So he's also asking around where could he get interested collectors/evaluators in his bottle =)

now thats interesting. wonder if people collect really old D.O.M. I've got 1 bottle in my cabinet...plastic is starting to rot man. not sure hw old is it though

A 12yr 1litre Chivas Regal cost around S$40++ at Changi airport :)

how about the premium one? hmmm is there a difference between the premium in n the regular one?

kit_fisto said:
how about the premium one? hmmm is there a difference between the premium in n the regular one?

dont know much about chivas but my guess would be the aging process..

and no .. the alcohol does not appreciate with age in the glass bottle..

i have chivas 12/18/21.... and yes..they're different! depends if u find the price worth the improvement etc.hehe. i've JW black, wild turkey 8, jim beam, JD no.7, jameson 8, tomatin 19...whiskey tasting anyone? ^_^

and whiskey doesn't age in glass, it ages in oak, it evaporates and soaks in the essence in the wood casks, hence the 21yrs will have little volume left, hence the price.

di0nysus said:
i have chivas 12/18/21.... and yes..they're different! depends if u find the price worth the improvement etc.hehe. i've JW black, wild turkey 8, jim beam, JD no.7, jameson 8, tomatin 19...whiskey tasting anyone? ^_^

and whiskey doesn't age in glass, it ages in oak, it evaporates and soaks in the essence in the wood casks, hence the 21yrs will have little volume left, hence the price.

this guys knows this stuff..

when i was working at the mandarin oriental this guy ordered jw blue (double shot) with soda water but wanted still water instead so he ordered another one to replace it.

long story short.. we got to drink it after work and all i can say its wow

yeah man, must be a regular drinker

Guess what, I remembered opening 1 bottle of chivas 12 years which I kept in the cabinet for 9 years. 1 sip, almost puke, taste exactly like some decomposed lizards....

:hung:

gross..now u make me want to keep the bottle i hav for 9 years

try royal salute.
ballantines 21 yrs not bad.
johnny walker black label smells like ...cockroach..

Think it cost ard 80+ at supermarkets.

Hi Taurean..nice name )

I just want to know if this is 80 thousand or only 80 dollar sorry for sounding so ignorant !!
i have a whiskey which is 40 years old !

old wines n liquor is always more expensive in the shops.

how come the price of old liquor depreciates as seen in Cash Converter display windows? recently i saw a Martell XO Supreme 70cl carries a price tagof $180. i guess the price of a new bottle in the supermarket is abt $250-300 if i m not wrong.

Hi Taurean..nice name )

I just want to know if this is 80 thousand or only 80 dollar sorry for sounding so ignorant !!
i have a whiskey which is 40 years old !

please note that the post above yours is posted on 20th December 2005 12:35 AM
and the post which you are replying is posted on 19th December 2005 04:08 PM

prices have changed sine then

so thread closed, you may want to start another updated thread with the same topic if you wish, but do note post by togu about the decomposed lizards....

Status
Not open for further replies.