Price of Casio 2900ux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdivider

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
How much is a casio 2900ux now nowadays? I'm thinking of getting one to go with my fuji for shooting swans and macros. Checked at AP but they said they din have stock anymore.

Originally posted by mpenza
saw someone selling a 2899UX. you could consider too.
http://www.interauct.com.sg/cgi-bin/item_auction.pl?client=interauct&itemno=273278

I took it this morning. :D Its pretty new looking but missing the usb wire and remote though. The owner compensated with a 32MB CF and CF reader. Unfortunately i dun have a front usb port so have to go office to plug it into my laptop to see the shots i took juz now :(.

First impressions, not too difficult to use although it took a bit of fiddling before i figure out how to turn off the flash and set shutter priority and set 2 s timer. The LCD is pretty bad though in rec mode but display mode is pretty sharp and clean. How do u see dim buildings at nite? :dunno:

Finally got the pics. They look quite good but i think i need to shoot more to evaluate. Can u use other camera's usb cable with it, e.g. the fuji's? Any accessories to recommend that can use the 43mm thread? Thinking of getting some after i recuperate from my my wallet's blood letting these few months.

"LCD" is bad indoors or when dark but that's because the camera amplifies the light to allow you to see. on some cameras, you might not be able to see as much cos there's no amplification.

you could use the USB cable from the fujifilm camera.

for filters and lenses, you could wait a while. If I were to "upgrade", I would have lots of accesories (flash bracket, filters, teleconverters, wide-angle converters, external flash, etc) which you could use.

Tried supreme court from the football field that nite but can only shoot it by agaration from the small light spots.

I borrowed the fuji 2300 wire from a fren but seem like no reaction from the PC. Guess its the CF reader solution for me.

Hope u r not upgrading so soon cos i'm flat broke :D

Originally posted by mpenza
"LCD" is bad indoors or when dark but that's because the camera amplifies the light to allow you to see. on some cameras, you might not be able to see as much cos there's no amplification.

you could use the USB cable from the fujifilm camera.

for filters and lenses, you could wait a while. If I were to "upgrade", I would have lots of accesories (flash bracket, filters, teleconverters, wide-angle converters, external flash, etc) which you could use.

Hee KC how come all of sudden upgrading?

Which cam u gonna buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.