Price of AF-S 70-200 VR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
For all those of you eagerly awaiting the arrival of this lens, several dealers over here have stopped listing the older 80-200 AF-S (which is surprising in itself) and started listing the new VR lens. The lens is not yet in stock but this is a good sign that arrival should be fairly imminent.

The good news is the price, which is almost identical to the Canon IS equivalent (+/- £5); and hardly more expensive than the existing AF-S.

That's not very good news. S$3100 is not cheap.

Actually, I lie. In doing the price comparisons, I was working out the Canon before VAT and the Nikon after VAT.

Basically, it now looks like the Nikon is about 17.5% cheaper than the Canon. Although that is vaguely suspicious and I'm wondering if it's all true. Although based on Grays of Westminster's price it's not exactly far fetched either.

S$3100 not cheap? No it's not, but if you can spend S$10k on an EOS1D, then I should hope you can afford to spend S$3k on the actual glass that takes your pictures.

Originally posted by Jed
Actually, I lie. In doing the price comparisons, I was working out the Canon before VAT and the Nikon after VAT.

Basically, it now looks like the Nikon is about 17.5% cheaper than the Canon. Although that is vaguely suspicious and I'm wondering if it's all true. Although based on Grays of Westminster's price it's not exactly far fetched either.

S$3100 not cheap? No it's not, but if you can spend S$10k on an EOS1D, then I should hope you can afford to spend S$3k on the actual glass that takes your pictures.

Of course, 70-200 IS in front of 1D, one hell of a combo....

Status
Not open for further replies.