price of A40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by lufu
$505 without GST, then add GST will become $520

same as cathay photo. while in cathay photo, you need not buy 128 CF card

Yes but you are also paying for a 64mb....

So u pay $520/- for a A40 and a 64mb .....

Originally posted by Royzzz

Yes but you are also paying for a 64mb....

So u pay $520/- for a A40 and a 64mb .....

WHAT !!! $520 for camera plus 64MB from places like Far East.

TOO GOOD TO BE REAL / TRUE.

most likely they will tell you no stock or last display piece or pull some trick.

They can't be "dumb" to sell at such "daylight robbery" price.

Originally posted by lufu

WHAT !!! $520 for camera plus 64MB from places like Far East.

TOO GOOD TO BE REAL / TRUE.

most likely they will tell you no stock or last display piece or pull some trick.

They can't be "dumb" to sell at such "daylight robbery" price.

Just go check for yourself to see how true it is loh... anyway, i was about to buy that when the man recommend me to another cam...so...

actually on the net, the lowest quoted price excluding shipping is $445. Plus shipping it is around $475. The catch is that you will be missing out the local (singapore) warranty.

I was wondering, for other cameras normally the lowest price quoted in singapore is close to the lowest quoted on the net, however there is such a big difference for A40, except for the $520 with 64MB CF card deal.

It does seem to me that A40 is so called "marked up" by local sellers due to it's local popularity.

Originally posted by Royzzz

Just go check for yourself to see how true it is loh... anyway, i was about to buy that when the man recommend me to another cam...so...

So what camera did you purchase in the end?

Originally posted by imaginary_number

So what camera did you purchase in the end?

I purchase a point and shoot cam olympus C2.
I think it can just suit my needs for now.

so no one actually buy at that shop before ?

Yes, i ve gone there already. There is an indian guy and at first when i asked abt A40, he say no stock. Den ask him when got stock, he say 2 weeks. after a few seconds, he chanegd his mind and say got stock. ask him how much, he say 550 including GST. ask him include wat he also dunno. I say price is too ex and i want 520. He ask me go buy from elsewhere... I tink its all bullshitting.

In the first place, dun tink they are even authorised dealers. Im pissed off, telling him someone that they ever quoted a person 520, and noe wat he replied?

"Oh prices always changes. This camera a lot ppl wan so must raise price" WTF? Was going to ask him whether isit becoz got war somewhere or earthquake in elsewhere den price can anyhow jump they like? Its not like RAM isit? Im never ever going there again.

told you, you can NEVER get it at that price,

usual 'tricks'

Oh then sorry.. i also kanna con.

$520 + 4mb? Just say only or they want u bundle with something or say not stock? Then recomend you other brand. I wonder it is cheap selling at place like Orchard because the rental is high.
Yesterday I manage found one at Centre Point, at Nikon shop same level as Harvey Norman. They gave me the price 550 for the cameara alone. But I never bargain him. Just thanks and left.

Not sure but is same level as harvey norman is at the corner.
anyway 2day going CP and AP check the A40.

Just bought my a40 at sim lim on Tuesday, left most shop on the same row as Alan Photo. Heard from the boss that day the stock came in 5, same day sell 4 liao, including mine.

Price I got is $510 + 3% = $525.30 (Left with one set)
Ridata 128MB CF at $95 nett at Alan Photo

Quick go grab the last piece!

:D

today just call AP, priced at 510 w/0 gst. But only can go after my work, Scare reach there no stock. How much is 64mb cost for a40 memory? 64mb can keep how many pics? in what resolution and any different or not?
:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.