Price of a 300/2.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Apr 27, 2002
www.asianhomebiz.com
Anyone know the approximate price for a 300/2.8 for the E1?

Thanks

Jeff

Sorry to OT....u switched systems liao? :bigeyes:

No, I have no idea how much the 4/3 system mount 300/2.8 costs. But it sure is lighter and smaller than the conventional 35mm format 300/2.8!

Garion said:

No, I have no idea how much the 4/3 system mount 300/2.8 costs. But it sure is lighter and smaller than the conventional 35mm format 300/2.8!

No lah. Me still very faithful one hoh! Just curious.

Yes, I love the weight, but not the price. :sweatsm:

Thanks folks.

Garion said:

Erm... No. A 300mm f2.8 lens is a 300mm f2.8 lens, it doesn't matter if it is for medium format, 135 format or 4/3 format. (Why didn't Olympus call it Digital Format?). The Hasselblad 300/2.8 is 3700g. But the 4/3 lens has the narrowest angle, thanks to the small sensor. (The Hasselblad costs $22.000 :faint: )
J.

P.s. check out my pet project: 4-3system.com :D
P.p.s. I am updating the database to be able to show price over time. It could be interesting in the future.

jonr, U da man behind the 4-3system.com?

What is the next DSLR from Olympus ? Are they going to make
prosumer level DSLR and price it more competitively ?
Personally I'm quite impressed with E-1, but it's pro specs makes it quite expensive for hobbist.

Ektar25 said:
but :dunno: don't know if his credit card can tahan $12K :sweat:

$12k!! wudn't it be cheaper to get a nikon or canon 300mm & mount it onto the E1 using an adaptor? :dunno: u still get 600mm equiv & can use A mode on an E1 but lose the AF only. not too bad a bargain, if u ask me. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.