price hike again by smrt, delgro comfort?

Do you agree with the smrt, comfort delgro fare hikes?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahbeng

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
price hike again by smrt, delgro comfort? Just wondering why are there still some idiot singaporean who agreed with the stupid hikes (as seen on interviews during news).

ahbeng said:
price hike again by smrt, delgro comfort? Just wondering why are there still some idiot singaporean who agreed with the stupid hikes (as seen on interviews during news).

what's new?

these people are increase fares like nobody's business, isn't it day light robbery?

Increase GST, increase bills, increase bus/mrt fare and then you should
"work for lower salary so that singapore can be competitive" ;(
What the......

they are very good money collecting services. like loan shark.

Caussway said:
Increase GST, increase bills, increase bus/mrt fare and then you should
"work for lower salary so that singapore can be competitive" ;(
What the......

then our ministers are not competitive and effective, they get overloaded pay.

ahbeng said:
then our ministers are not competitive and effective, they get overloaded pay.

think we should keep the discussion to the fare hike :)

SMRT should never raise their fares with their poor service. Have they increased frequency of the trains? No! Then why are their costs rising?

As for buses, they have not improved anything since the last fare "adjustments".

Well, profits for these transport companies are directly dependent on oil/diesel prices. I think they have had to suffer from increasing oil prices. I think we have to understand where they are coming from as well instead of over generalising the situation.
Hai, as consumers we sure buay song lah... but sometimes i think its inevitable also... :(

So, ah beng, what would you like the govt to do for you?

ahbeng said:
Maybe these "Idiot Singaporeans" drive? Haha.. The best part is one a**h*le said it's OK to have hike of about 20 cents per trip.. Damn bloodly a**h*le, I know of many poor chaps like me who take 3 trips to reach office! And that's extra $1.20 per day!

eric69 said:
Maybe these "Idiot Singaporeans" drive? Haha.. The best part is one a**h*le said it's OK to have hike of about 20 cents per trip.. Damn bloodly a**h*le, I know of many poor chaps like me who take 3 trips to reach office! And that's extra $1.20 per day!

and remember that on the day newspaper published that article on them wanting price hike, there was a separate article saying that SMRT(?) reported a 40%+(?) increase in profit. Bear in mind this figure is based on last year when oil prices peaked :dunno:

what to do...?
even 90% of singaporeans say "no" to hike, it doesn't affect their decision.
so what can you do? walk/cycle to work lor... make cycling to work popular then they'll regret. :thumbsd:

Drudkh said:
what to do...?
even 90% of singaporeans say "no" to hike, it doesn't affect their decision.
so what can you do? walk/cycle to work lor... make cycling to work popular then they'll regret. :thumbsd:

we don't have the option to cycle to work. i'll be more than happy if we have. our roads are not meant for bicycle.

eikin said:
we don't have the option to cycle to work. i'll be more than happy if we have. our roads are not meant for bicycle.
you don't accustom yourself to suit the environment. you change the environment to suit yourself.
when 10s of thousands of singaporeans start cycling to work, what do you think?

Yeowww said:
voting here is not effective at all. VOTE during the election!!!!
I will. I'll still vote for PAY. Ten years down the road, I'll still vote for PAY. Unless the opposition can assemble a lineup of "capable" people, PAY is still for me. Despite all the price increases, nonsenses, you can't deny the good PAY did for Singapore ie security, education etc. I know I'll get abit of flames from this, but heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.