Price Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think quotes older than 3 months old should be removed...

Think quotes older than 3 months old should be removed...

That would leave a lot of lobangs in the list... though I'm considering removing the K200D and K-m soon.

That would leave a lot of lobangs in the list... though I'm considering removing the K200D and K-m soon.

No choice really.... better to have no information than to have wrong/outdated information. Ok maybe 6 months.

but each price also shows the date at which the information was obtained, doesnt it? i think it is good to have it there as at least the item,and it's price history is there. :)

even if the price is not updated, you can have a rough idea of how much you will need to pay. people should be discerning enough to be able to make judgements and call up the sellers for quotations too, not everything also totally rely on the price guide.

Actually what I mean is that for items with multiple prices, should probably remove the older prices if they are more than 3 months old, and leave the most updated one. E.g. the FA 50mm f/1.4 is currently listed as:

$380 CP-M March 2009
$399 TK July 2009
$520 OP Nov 2009

Should probably remove the CP-M and TK ones since those prices are definitely not indicative of the actual price anymore.

Also, the RRP listed is probably out of date already. If only we can contact Emjay to give us an updated list.

lol, darned price hikes :angry:

how come when we go to the Price Guide page, there is no Pentax..

I think I can answer that. I don't create a new post in the pricelist thread when I update, so it never gets bumped up and is beginning to get buried under new threads. Look far down enough the page and you'll see it. It's still updated regularly, just look at the dates. The link provided by scorpioh and limhansheng works right?

When I have some time to see how I can improve the pricelist, I'll KIV this issue as well.

arh... I know why already.. sorry.. my mistake.. I set the filter to 2 months... my fault...

Tweaked the pricelist a bit, and bumped it up to the top.

Tweaked the pricelist a bit, and bumped it up to the top.

Thanks for the hardwork gengh. I tried to bump it up for you but apparently, only the TS can do it. :)

Thanks for the hardwork gengh. I tried to bump it up for you but apparently, only the TS can do it. :)

Yup, the mods have limited posting and editing rights in the price guides section to prevent it from getting messy like it used to be.

If you have any ideas on how I can make the pricelist better, just let me know, I'll see if I can work it in.

sticky the price guide?

I checked, I actually have the rights to do that! But I think the mods and other price guide updaters may not like me a lot for doing that. :bsmilie:

I checked, I actually have the rights to do that! But I think the mods and other price guide updaters may not like me a lot for doing that. :bsmilie:

OH

yeah, i forgot, they moved all the price guides into a unique section. i thought it was still in pentax, then there would be no real reason not to, right? :)

Is there a way to create a permanently stickied link from this forum to the price guide? I think that will be very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.