Price Go up BUT salary still the same!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the concept of GST is very simple, but you have made it so faking difficult :bsmilie::sweatsm:
let me guess what you are saying is that because of higher utilities and other operating costs increase, the amount of GST has also increased proportionately, and consequently, the consumers are technically paying more now. You are not wrong here.
ok, so you agree that cost of higher utilities does increase operating cost, did I interpret this correctly?

But you are totally wrong if you still insist that GST is a business cost, and that operating costs are directly due to GST. In fact, it is the other way round .....:think:
What I said was increase in gst will undoubtedly increase your business cost, I did not say GST is a business cost.

Let me pull out my post which is related:

Referring to post #30.
"Don't you think that will increase business cost.. and you think businesses will absorb? definitely no and it will pass down to consumer."

Post #33
"transportation cost up so how business cost will not increase? Company buy stationery cost increase because the supplies have to add 2% gst more. I too layman I can't understand your argument. GST by definition is Goods and Services Tax, meaning anything that you buy from whether goods or services that you pay increases consumer pay more, that was what TS was stating, of course business cost goes up, like many businesses they buy services and goods from others so their cost goes up as well, I layman can also understand this."

Post #40
"I am not disputing the collection part.. I am stating the increased in your raw material cost will undoubtedly increase your own cost due to increase in gst."

Post #44
"I have to search your past post to show you what you said? you said business cost will not increase because of gst increase.

How could that statement make sense? as company's raw material cost increase so either it will affect bottom line or past the increase to customers"

Post #53
"Let me try to break this down for you. Also, don't be fooled by the word play, "raw material cost DOES NOT INCREASE, as a result of gst". Yes the raw material is $x no change I agree, but you used to buy it at $x +5% now you have to buy it at $x +7%, how can that not increase your business cost? we are talking honest trader here and cost will definitely increase, it is so simple."

Post #56
"Oh to add-on, what about cost that you cannot transfer to consumer? electricity, operating cost on transport, if you are in industry that uses alot of water, in short operating cost is that not part of business cost? and don't this come with gst?"

../azul123

Bottom line is timing of 2% points increase with raising inflation impacted the people quite a lot. Thus this thread started by TS complaining about it. We were discussing the first half of the Captioned Title only. Where cost increase is concerned.

../azul123

sooo many critics... end of the day, price still went up

luckily this is kopitiam

let's have chinese fables time

once, there was a famous musician in the southern province of china. he was fabled all over the lands, and people flocked to appreciate his beautiful soulful music. one day, when playing in the wide grasslands of somewhere in china, a bull grazing in a field nearby looked up when he started a new song, and seemed to move along with the music.

he was so excited, and went around telling his friends that his music could move bulls, and bulls could appreciate his music. the very next day, he went back, and played to the bull.

this time he was ignored.

you go figure out the moral of the story :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

suddenly, i remember why i stopped posting seriously in kopitiam for a while.

Allow me to share this link from the Straits Times.

World Bank to meet as rising food prices spark unrest

http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest+News/World/STIStory_226814.html

Sometimes I wish we could look beyond our own circumstances and see what others are experiencing.

Not happy with your salary? There are two options: you do something about it, or expect someone else to do something about it for you. So easy to take the simpler route and opt for the latter.

luckily this is kopitiam

let's have chinese fables time

once, there was a famous musician in the southern province of china. he was fabled all over the lands, and people flocked to appreciate his beautiful soulful music. one day, when playing in the wide grasslands of somewhere in china, a bull grazing in a field nearby looked up when he started a new song, and seemed to move along with the music.

he was so excited, and went around telling his friends that his music could move bulls, and bulls could appreciate his music. the very next day, he went back, and played to the bull.

this time he was ignored.

you go figure out the moral of the story :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

suddenly, i remember why i stopped posting seriously in kopitiam for a while.

Stop being sarcastic and you are acting like you know all and everyone else know nothing.

"1) no, business costs will not increase, like i've said before, gst registered companies get to claim back the gst they pay for operating costs (including inputs/raw materials) from the gahment, so don't anyhow say you listen to the chicken rice store small boy too much, he tell you gst increase means he must raise his chicken rice from 2.50 to 3 , that's his exploitation, nothing to do with gahment"

Did your best friend, Mr "Google" tells you that not all businesses are registered as a taxable person. You favorite Chicken rice seller probably did not register himself. He may find it too much hassle to do book keeping. Do you want him to hire a accountant for his $500 revenue a day business?

His operating costs has increased due to his suppliers charging him the 7% gst.
He can't claim the input tax from the GST comptroller.

Stay focus, the contention point is whether “GST Increases Operating Cost or Not ”. No need to introduce new terms like Real Income or Nominal Price to impress people.
It does not help at all.

His operating costs has increased due to his suppliers charging him the 7% gst.
He can't claim the input tax from the GST comptroller.

Stay focus, the contention point is whether “GST Increases Operating Cost or Not ”. No need to introduce new terms like Real Income or Nominal Price to impress people.
It does not help at all.

It does not help at all.

$2.50/ 1.05 x 1.07 =/= $3

do the math k thx bye

and STOP STALKING ME, all your recent posts are always in threads where i have been participating actively; i am male and straight, if this continues i will consider this undue harassment :bsmilie:

well, i would maintain that most products in the market do not go beyond 5 levels from the rawest form to the final product.. and of course when you're talking about basic necessities, most do not go beyond even 1 or 2 levels.

You sure? Better check with your Best Friend "Google".
What I do know is a simple Hard Disk invloves hundreds of suppliers and one OEM component inside the HDD could require at least 10 tiers of manufacturing.

You check with your best friend, how many level of manufacturing is required for your most basic tooth paste. Starting from Raw material, to building an extrution tool for the plastic tube, to the Printing, to filling, to Storage.:D

You sure? Better check with your Best Friend "Google".
What I do know is a simple Hard Disk invloves hundreds of suppliers and one OEM component inside the HDD could require at least 10 tiers of manufacturing.

You check with your best friend, how many level of manufacturing is required for your most basic tooth paste. Starting from Raw material, to building an extrution tool for the plastic tube, to the Printing, to filling, to Storage.:D

number of inputs =/= levels of manufacturing

toothpaste requires many inputs, but only has ONE level of processing, maybe two

examples of many tiered manufacturing includes, yes computers, which well, are happily not manufactured here, for the most part. in fact, the same goes for most luxury goods, so the same applies to them, being imported. they only go through one level of gst effect (based on the real/nominal explanation earlier)..

selfpwned again k thx bye

p.s. seems like you need google more than me :) i can give him to you, if you want

number of inputs =/= levels of manufacturing

toothpaste requires many inputs, but only has ONE level of processing, maybe two

examples of many tiered manufacturing includes, yes computers, which well, are happily not manufactured here, for the most part. in fact, the same goes for most luxury goods, so the same applies to them, being imported. they only go through one level of gst effect (based on the real/nominal explanation earlier)..

selfpwned again k thx bye

p.s. seems like you need google more than me :) i can give him to you, if you want

U sure????

Do you know Seagate produce HDD in Singapore?
Maxtor also in Singapore before being acquired by Seagate.

Seagate also produce Media in Singapore.

Do you know Singapore is the world largest supplier for HDD component?

Again, do not try to throw somke bombs to confuse people.
Stay focus, the contention point is whether “GST Increases Operating Cost or Not":think:

U sure????

Stay focus, the contention point is whether “GST Increases Operating Cost or Not":think:
ogay

read previous arguments, to show you why, it doesn't bloody matter, since your seagate and maxtorr can claim back gst that they incur from the gahment

but it's alright, i realise that selective vision is a common trend here

once again, i repeat myself

number of inputs is very very different from level of manufacturing

is seagate one company? does it give its product to another middleman before it is finally sold on the market to consumers like you and me? if you do not understand, do not feign understanding.

this reminds me of chinese fable again.. i play the instrument for 10,000 years, and the cow grazes peacefully in the meadows.

i must make a photo like that one day :)

See you are confuse again, and you keep telling me you are straight.

Yes, I know Seagate can claim back GST. I have not touch on how GST will affect their operation costs yet.

You said this:
"examples of many tiered manufacturing includes, yes computers, which well, are happily not manufactured here, for the most part. in fact, the same goes for most luxury goods, so the same applies to them, being imported. they only go through one level of gst effect (based on the real/nominal explanation earlier).. "

So I just tell you that Singapore does manufacture alot of HDD and its components.
Is this information too much for you to accept, given your die die must win character?:bsmilie:

ogay

read previous arguments, to show you why, it doesn't bloody matter, since your seagate and maxtorr can claim back gst that they incur from the gahment

but it's alright, i realise that selective vision is a common trend here

once again, i repeat myself

number of inputs is very very different from level of manufacturing

is seagate one company? does it give its product to another middleman before it is finally sold on the market to consumers like you and me? if you do not understand, do not feign understanding.

this reminds me of chinese fable again.. i play the instrument for 10,000 years, and the cow grazes peacefully in the meadows.

i must make a photo like that one day :)

U sure????

So I just tell you that Singapore does manufacture alot of HDD and its components.
Is this information too much for you to accept, given your die die must win character?:bsmilie:

ogay..

and POINT ISH? read my statement again; btw, if say, asus uses seagate components, seagate doesn't need to charge asus gst if they sell the component to asus in taiwan (it's taiwan, right).. and the computer is manufactured in taiwan so kena imported again

so POINT ISH?

pruss wans before lock

the concept of GST is very simple, but you have made it so faking difficult :bsmilie::sweatsm:
let me guess what you are saying is that because of higher utilities and other operating costs increase, the amount of GST has also increased proportionately, and consequently, the consumers are technically paying more now. You are not wrong here.
But you are totally wrong if you still insist that GST is a business cost, and that operating costs are directly due to GST. In fact, it is the other way round .....:think:

any business which incurs goods/services with gst charged can claim back that gst from the government, as long as it is registered for gst collection as well

on another note, they must pass the gst they collect to gahment as well

so if you are charged 1.07 times the original price, or 1.05 times the original price, no one gives a flying fish.. in the end gahment give you 0.07 back, or 0.05 back..

like that so hard to understand? :dunno:

I sorta understand wat you guys are referring to. But isn't that similar to cess... why not juz expand the scope of cess?

Also I understand that GST is claimable only if your business is registered... so I believe the poor unker selling fishball at the end of the line didn't register GST... I dunnoe how many small business are registered and I'm not sure that have the appropriate accounting capacity for GST refund. (juz guessin here)

ok, so you agree that cost of higher utilities does increase operating cost, did I interpret this correctly?
you sure to have an uncanny way of insisting that you are right ...:bigeyes:
there is no point for me to continue if you keep shifting the goalpost.

Thanks CYRN, I posted the link just now and wanted to re-post to highlight that paragraph. You beat me to it.

I think someone's really quite disorganised in his arguments here, first talking about the chicken rice seller, then the harddisk manufacturers, very confusing.

The same link also explains why we shouldn't be seeing multiple levels of GST being accumulated down the manufacturing process down to the end consumer.

:think: GST comes in ah..can GST my salary anot? i provide service for the company leh..:bsmilie:

Thanks CYRN, I posted the link just now and wanted to re-post to highlight that paragraph. You beat me to it.

I think someone's really quite disorganised in his arguments here, first talking about the chicken rice seller, then the harddisk manufacturers, very confusing.

The same link also explains why we shouldn't be seeing multiple levels of GST being accumulated down the manufacturing process down to the end consumer.

yeah... however in cases as mentioned in the below link... they can't charge GST but they can charge customer as increased product (business) cost. :think:

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page03.aspx?id=2176

Yah, good supporting document. I pointed it out to him in Post #66.

Someone created alot of somke in here.
It demonstrate a lack of knowledge in the real manufacturing world while trying to educate people what it really is. :dunno:

He tot it is like manufacturing babies, need one process in the bed only.:bsmilie:

It is the indirect operation costs that jack up the selling price. Fuel costs, electricity and water, all these resources attracts GST.

I shall drop it here.
Gd Nite Everyone.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.