Price for Panasonic FZ1 dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit90210

May 11, 2002
Visit site
Wow... saw in the papers that Panasonic DMC-FZ1 has dropped its price to $699 in the newspaper. Used to be $899. Has 12x optical zoom and image stabiliser and bright lens..... Tempted...:embrass:

But is just has only 2 Mega pixel. I thinks 3 mp would be better.

coupled with a Olympus B300 or TCON17 1.7x teleconverter, this could reach a staggering 700++ mm equivalent.... A similar lens in the SLR world would be super big and heavy (especially for one that's F3.5 or faster)....

How much is the Olympus B300 or TCON17 1.7x teleconverter? Need extra adapter?

Found out that FZ1 costs only $580 at Sim Lim.

The B300 is discontinued and has been replaced with the TCON 17. However, I believe both of them share the same specifications like the 55 mm thread size.

Price: 2nd hand B300 ~ $250
TCON 17 - I believe not availabe locally yet

Which shop in Sim Lim can you get FZ1 for $580???

Originally posted by Bob
Which shop in Sim Lim can you get FZ1 for $580???

Well.... it's Alan Photo. 1st floor.....;)

Thanks Kit, anyway at AP, who do i approach to get a good price?
Anyway if i am not wrong, the TCON 17 is meant for Oly C750, do you need a step up/down adapter to fit it onto the 55mm thread size of the FZ1.

if the FZ1 is indeed having a 55mm thread, you don't need any adaptors or stepping rings for the TCON17. Also, the TCON17 can be used on any cameras that accept threaded converters/filters..

FYI. MSColor at AMK quoted $602 (wo GST) with 64SD card and case. Better deal than AP ?

Originally posted by Bob
Anyway if i am not wrong, the TCON 17 is meant for Oly C750, do you need a step up/down adapter to fit it onto the 55mm thread size of the FZ1.

It's Peter and Steven.:cool:

I'm not sure about TCON 17....:D

Also the good thing is the consistent f2.8 aperture for the entire zoom range... this is remarkable as it means that your lens are 'bright' i.e. don't need flash for some dim lighting too... haven't seen any camera that has this feature...:p

Anyone heard of bargaincity.com.sg. it is an on-line sourcing company. They quaoted the price of FZ1 at $613 (includes 4% GST and $5/- delivery charge)
Sound interesting. Do anyone have any experience purchasing on line from them.

No experience...but their pricing is quite ok..lower than normal departmental store, I find. ;p

Sigh.... I notice that Panasonic has recently invested heavily in advertising for the FZ1 - in Computer Times, Straits Times, Today/Streats..... full page colour adverts.... Oh boy! I think they are getting very nervous about the poor sales of FZ-1.....:confused:

Why don't they just upgrade it to 3 megapix at least or better still 4???

Then sure will sell... :bwhat:

Originally posted by Bob
Hi,
I have heard frm the last post, someone brought a Tcon1.7x frm AP for only $150, that's the lastest new price, before that it was like $200, so better know ur price first before u do any shopping!!

Oh ya, at the same time does any one knows that can I attach a filter to the Tcon lens for protection, cos I heard pleope saying that it doen't come with a screw therad in front of the TCON??izzt ture??

Originally posted by kit90210
Also the good thing is the consistent f2.8 aperture for the entire zoom range... this is remarkable as it means that your lens are 'bright' i.e. don't need flash for some dim lighting too... haven't seen any camera that has this feature...:p

Hi, i am considering getting this cam too. Can anyone roughly explain to me what does consistent f2.8 aperture means, and what are the benefits? Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.