Price for Panasonic FZ1 dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya boy. $603 is the price that I got quoted for the basic camera alone....wah, with free 128mb SD.. Bob, you must really "ar kar liao" with the guys at AP. Which guy you approach man?

Agreed. 603 with free 128SD is best deal so far Ive hear.:eek:

Sorry for the wrong info. I bought the FZ1 at $603(with GST)-it comes free with a 64MB panasonic SD card, and not 128,sorry.

Bob, could you please explain why you have the break the glass of the UV len? The adapter ring on the FZ1 is plastic. Will it be strong enough to support the TCON17? How is the quality of the picture taken with the FZ1 + TCON17? Please reply ASAP, as I also want to buy the TCON17. ASAP, ASAP ... ASAP ... THANKS!

Otime, you dont have to break and remove the glass if you choose not to. With the glass on, it is still clear. Without it, seems clearer. When i attached the TCON to FZ1, i support the TCON with my left hand. I think the plastic adapter can support the TCON even though the TCON seems heavier than the camera itself. As for the zoom capability, it will magnify the 12x to 20x, still maintain the brightness and the image stabiliser still works

anyonw knows the latest price for FZ1?

there is a upgrade for u to upgrade to FZ2...

jlpk007 said:
anyonw knows the latest price for FZ1?

there is a upgrade for u to upgrade to FZ2...

Not really sure if you would call FZ2 an upgrade even... :bigeyes:

FZ10 is more of an upgrade than FZ2... :cool:

kit90210 said:
Not really sure if you would call FZ2 an upgrade even... :bigeyes:

FZ10 is more of an upgrade than FZ2... :cool:

It is an upgrade in it's sense cos the WB is better than before, pics are more detailed and the jpeg compression isn't as harsh in FZ2.

I think it's a worthy upgrade.

But I'm waiting for FZ10. I can't live with 2mp.

Hi! I'm quite new at photography, and am quite tempted by the camera as well. Mind telling me what does TCON-17 do? And, is it possible for any other lens to be attached onto the FZ1? Thanks.

cheatchu79 said:
Hi! I'm quite new at photography, and am quite tempted by the camera as well. Mind telling me what does TCON-17 do? And, is it possible for any other lens to be attached onto the FZ1? Thanks.

As the model number implies, it's 1.7x. You can attach it or any other lens/filter to the FZ series but you'll need to use the lens hood or get a 3rd party adaptor. The latter is prefered if you don't want vignetting to occur. Be prepared to pay $60-$90 to get one imported.

pegasus21 said:
As the model number implies, it's 1.7x. You can attach it or any other lens/filter to the FZ series but you'll need to use the lens hood or get a 3rd party adaptor. The latter is prefered if you don't want vignetting to occur. Be prepared to pay $60-$90 to get one imported.

:cry: Too technical!! Too technical!! :cry:

What's a lens hood? And what's 'vignetting'??

And other than importing, there's no other way for me to get a 3rd party adaptor for the camera is it?

cheatchu79 said:
:cry: Too technical!! Too technical!! :cry:

What's a lens hood? And what's 'vignetting'??

And other than importing, there's no other way for me to get a 3rd party adaptor for the camera is it?

A lens hood is to block reflections caused by light on the surface of the lens if I'm not mistaken.

Vignetting is when you see rounded edges in the corner of your images caused by the edges of your add-on lens or stacked filters.

http://www.b-300.com/compare5.html
This site is making a customised FZ10 adaptor made of plastic and with some samples. Expect similar results with FZ1/2 if you're using an adaptor suited for it. (Look at the black edges in the images. Those are examples of vignetting)

http://www3.coara.or.jp/~shingu_t/engulish/e_top.htm
This site has FZ1/2 and FZ10 adaptors. His are made of metal.

I don't think anyone brings in the adaptors yet cos they are fairly new and also because there might not be a market for them.

pegasus21 said:
A lens hood is to block reflections caused by light on the surface of the lens if I'm not mistaken.

Vignetting is when you see rounded edges in the corner of your images caused by the edges of your add-on lens or stacked filters.

http://www.b-300.com/compare5.html
This site is making a customised FZ10 adaptor made of plastic and with some samples. Expect similar results with FZ1/2 if you're using an adaptor suited for it. (Look at the black edges in the images. Those are examples of vignetting)

http://www3.coara.or.jp/~shingu_t/engulish/e_top.htm
This site has FZ1/2 and FZ10 adaptors. His are made of metal.

I don't think anyone brings in the adaptors yet cos they are fairly new and also because there might not be a market for them.

Thanks for the information. It's really very helpful. :D

Oh! Anyway, have anyone tried to convert the filmware of FZ1 to FZ2?

i tries ap and parisilk but everybody tells me that they do not stock the camera anymore.
i saw it at best denki for 695 ..... seems a bit on the pricey sice.
does anybody know a hidden place where i still can get the fz1?

bondi said:
i tries ap and parisilk but everybody tells me that they do not stock the camera anymore.
i saw it at best denki for 695 ..... seems a bit on the pricey sice.
does anybody know a hidden place where i still can get the fz1?

You can also try bargaincity
Think they are still selling FZ1.

Hi....Anyone still interested to get the fz10...? I am thinking of buying one...... Which place is the cheapest to buy.....? Also...if we do a group buy...can we ask for a lower price.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.