Price for NiMH Quick Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sphoenix

Anyone got any ideas how much a NiMH quick charger would cost? Yeah the one which can charge 4 of them batteries in 3-4 hours unlike the horrendously slow 16 hour charge

Originally posted by Sphoenix
Anyone got any ideas how much a NiMH quick charger would cost? Yeah the one which can charge 4 of them batteries in 3-4 hours unlike the horrendously slow 16 hour charge

Mustafa got a pretty good intelligent charger for $18 that does just that. Plus it can discharge and recondition your batteries as well.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Mustafa got a pretty good intelligent charger for $18 that does just that. Plus it can discharge and recondition your batteries as well.

Regards
CK

Really ;p ! What brand is this? Wow I thought that all these cost a bomb. Hmm looks like its time to go down to mustaffa.

Really ;p ! What brand is this? Wow I thought that all these cost a bomb. Hmm looks like its time to go down to mustaffa.

MW. I don't have the charger with me now, so I don't know the model no. Maybe another owner (YSLee?) can tell us. :D

Regards
CK

And remeber to grab some batteries.;)

called de Intelli-Charger....but dunno if they got stock......me went there....and cannot wait...so bought the $28 *can charge larger batts* ...still quite cheap compared to the GP and/or timer-based chargers out there....

Originally posted by isomers007
called de Intelli-Charger....but dunno if they got stock......me went there....and cannot wait...so bought the $28 *can charge larger batts* ...still quite cheap compared to the GP and/or timer-based chargers out there....

Oh! what kind of larger battery?:eek:

Anyone heard of the Maha Charger? It's been getting rave reviews all over the web eg at dpreview and imaging resource.

What's the $28 charger? Is it "intelligent" as well and do the trickle charge towards the end to be gentle and kind to the batteries...

Here's some interesting reading.
The Great Battery Shootout

$18 one is MW4798. $28 one is MW5798. Both are intelligent chargers and charge 2 batteries at one time.

There's a $38 MW4798N at www.purplemoo.com previously that can charge 4 batteries at one time.

Damn all this talk is getting me all charged up. Feel like going to Mustaffa right this minute. Mpenza, Mustafa doesn't sell the multi intelli charger one?? (charge 4 batteries at one go) Isomers007 is yours the multi intelli charger? Can it charge 4 batteries at a go?

Btw what batteries do you guys recommend? Sanyo? Looking for AA and AAA ones.

Damn all this talk is getting me all charged up. Feel like going to Mustaffa right this minute. Mpenza, Mustafa doesn't sell the multi intelli charger one?? (charge 4 batteries at one go) Isomers007 is yours the multi intelli charger? Can it charge 4 batteries at a go?

The charge 2 batter type will hold 4 battery at a time.. But they charge 2 battry at a time.. when this 2 battery is fully charged, they proceed to charge the other 2...

BTW, you bought a DC oredi? Some DC give charger with it.. So may not need to buy.

mine is the multi intelli charger....except diff model...dat's all......larger batts like the rectangular type ones...mine charge 2 batts @ a time....so 4 batt = 5hrs

Originally posted by binbeto

The charge 2 batter type will hold 4 battery at a time.. But they charge 2 battry at a time.. when this 2 battery is fully charged, they proceed to charge the other 2...

BTW, you bought a DC oredi? Some DC give charger with it.. So may not need to buy.

The thing is some of the dc charger is so slow like 16 hours.

Sigh haven't got the dc yet. On the bright side, with each passing day, I''m getting to know more and more about digital cameras and in the process more and more about my personal likes and dislikes. At this point if I see a good point and shoot, I'll probably get it and then pass it on to my family. Personally I'd be more inclined to get one with some manual controls after all digital photography is supposed to open up photography to the masses.

Ok. End of Ramblings. Now what about the other question about which battery for AA & AAA? Heard many mention Sanyo then there was one guy who posted that Panasonic lasts him much longer. So what's the verdict.

The thing is some of the dc charger is so slow like 16 hours.

Sigh haven't got the dc yet. On the bright side, with each passing day, I''m getting to know more and more about digital cameras and in the process more and more about my personal likes and dislikes. At this point if I see a good point and shoot, I'll probably get it and then pass it on to my family. Personally I'd be more inclined to get one with some manual controls after all digital photography is supposed to open up photography to the masses.

Ok. End of Ramblings. Now what about the other question about which battery for AA & AAA? Heard many mention Sanyo then there was one guy who posted that Panasonic lasts him much longer. So what's the verdict.

Since you haven't get the DC, you should wait 1st... Becos not all DC use AA battery.. If sway sway got soemone wanted to sell off his DC cheap, you can't buy becos you spend quite a sum on the charger and battery...

Unless you use AA battery for other things like discman or wat now.. :)

Originally posted by binbeto

Since you haven't get the DC, you should wait 1st... Becos not all DC use AA battery.. If sway sway got soemone wanted to sell off his DC cheap, you can't buy becos you spend quite a sum on the charger and battery...

Unless you use AA battery for other things like discman or wat now.. :)

Well I prefer to get a dc which uses AA batteries. So no worries here.

Sanyo ones work well for me. I'm not too sure about problems faced but it could be due to the charger used. Generally, an "intelligent" charger works better than a time-based charger and would charge up the batteries fully. I'm crrently using an Olympus charger which charged up the batteries in 3.5 to 4 hours.

If you want a good charger with batteries, you could consider getting the Rayanov (spelling might be wrong) one hour charger which costs S$79 with 4 high capacity batteries.

Originally posted by mpenza
Sanyo ones work well for me. I'm not too sure about problems faced but it could be due to the charger used. Generally, an "intelligent" charger works better than a time-based charger and would charge up the batteries fully. I'm crrently using an Olympus charger which charged up the batteries in 3.5 to 4 hours.

If you want a good charger with batteries, you could consider getting the Rayanov (spelling might be wrong) one hour charger which costs S$79 with 4 high capacity batteries.

Hmm never really noticed this rayanov until the great battery shootout over at imaging resource. Where do i find this?

Forget all the other charger, have a Ray-O-Vac that charges 4 1600mha in 1 hour flat with full charge. No joke but the charger is S$89.00. I own many other charger as well but non compare to this one and I use it on all my 1800mha GP battery (about 30 of them) without any problem (charging takes about 1hr 10mins for a fully drained battery) although it gets pretty hot. BTW just for info Panasonic had release 2000mha with a min charge capacity of 1900mha NiMh battery.
Can get ths at Funan Edpol, they sell this with 2 Ray-O-Vac 1600 batt at the above price.

Originally posted by Dennis
...although it gets pretty hot. BTW just for info Panasonic had release 2000mha with a min charge capacity of 1900mha NiMh battery.
Can get ths at Funan Edpol, they sell this with 2 Ray-O-Vac 1600 batt at the above price.

The times are very impressive! :rbounce:
My only concern would be the heat you mentioned. Isn't heat the number one killer for reducing the lifespan of NiMH batteries?

one point to note...

make sure its dual voltage ..cos u need it for travelling

the olympus charger with 4 1700mAhbatteries cost 65 dollars
and charges 4 batt within 230 min or less than 4 hrs

it works great ..trust me

my camera can take 240 shots approx ..LCD on ..flash used 30-50% with 3 sets of AA batt

Status
Not open for further replies.