Price for NiMH Quick Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Dennis
Ha, I thought so too but the original is even worst. Have bought it and tried it, so far OK and no problem. It also can charge single battery as the circuit are independent.

http://www.rayovac.com/

That's $17.50 for 4 X 1600mAh.

The 1 hour charger is selling for $79.95 with 4 X 1600mAh.

Both at Carrefour. Ouch.

Originally posted by Keito

I have enquired about this b4, it's $49 in singapore and free delivery cos the company is based in singapore.

previously, there's a mass order and the price is S$38.

Originally posted by Sphoenix

Really ;p ! What brand is this? Wow I thought that all these cost a bomb. Hmm looks like its time to go down to mustaffa.

The brand is called Minwa.. The model no. is MW4798.

hkminwa068.jpg

The famous $18 charger!!!

This is their website: http://www.minwa.com.hk/cgi-bin/gen_product.pl

Originally posted by vivre

The brand is called Minwa.. The model no. is MW4798.

hkminwa068.jpg

The famous $18 charger!!!

This is their website: http://www.minwa.com.hk/cgi-bin/gen_product.pl

Thanks was wondering whether the charger was from India!! ;) . Anyway was wondering whether this $18 charger is an intelligent one. What features does the microprocessor support? If I put a set of batteries in which has not completely discharged would I need to discharge it first then charge, or can I simply assume that the charger will intelligently detect the voltage and charge accordingly.

Originally posted by Sphoenix
can I simply assume that the charger will intelligently detect the voltage and charge accordingly.

It's supposed to be automated, provided you deep condition the batteries which you wanna charge for the first time. After that, you can put the batts into the charger anytime cos Ni-MH batts don't need to be fully drained before you recharge, and the charger will do the rest for you. If you wanna discharge, you can press the yellow button...

Here's why I'm asking. I've an old GP 5 hour charger. Read from the website that it charges the batteries based on a timer afterwhich it'll automatically switch to trickle charge. In this case regardless of the charge, the trickle charge point is only reached after 5 hours. Whilst it's true that NiMH does not suffer from the memory effect much, it is succeptible to overcharging/overheating is it not?

Well it charges 2 batteries first followed by the next 2. Total about 4-5 hours to completely charge the 4 batteries.

Originally posted by mpenza

previously, there's a mass order and the price is S$38.

mass order of cos cheaper! :D

Sum questions ppl ... ehh wad do u mean by deep conditioning the batteries ... I kinda juz let them charge the whole 16 Hrs as the package stated ... GP ;)

Secondly ... can I say use a 1700mah battery in the GP charger dat come wif my 1600mah batteries ???

Lastly ... can I use any brand of rechargable batteries for the 18 buckz fast charger ... 16 Hrs is really a drag~

Thankz~

Originally posted by kamwai
which charger have auto-shut down?

yah that was what i was asking in my long winded way. :D The models I know are

the maha charger
the 1 hr ranovac?? charger
the mw5798?? based on the website posted above

Trying to verify for the mw4798 now.

Originally posted by kamwai
which charger have auto-shut down?

I think the Sanyo charger has auto-shutdown too. Usually when I charge the battreies, the led light comes on and when I see the light goes off, it means the batteries are fully charged. If I leave it overnight, the batteries are usually cool already so that implies shutdown of the charger although it is still connected.

Originally posted by kaipium

I think the Sanyo charger has auto-shutdown too. Usually when I charge the battreies, the led light comes on and when I see the light goes off, it means the batteries are fully charged. If I leave it overnight, the batteries are usually cool already so that implies shutdown of the charger although it is still connected.

Yes the Sanyo charger has auto-shutdown. When there is a fault, no charge and the led blinks.

Originally posted by Simplicity
Sum questions ppl ... ehh wad do u mean by deep conditioning the batteries ... I kinda juz let them charge the whole 16 Hrs as the package stated ... GP ;)

Secondly ... can I say use a 1700mah battery in the GP charger dat come wif my 1600mah batteries ???

Lastly ... can I use any brand of rechargable batteries for the 18 buckz fast charger ... 16 Hrs is really a drag~

Thankz~

No you can only use 1600 on GP powerbank II... They are timer based, if you use larger capacity, it'll not reach full charge, lower capacity, it'll over charge. If you wanna charge 1800, you'll need to get GP power bank III.... Which is not available in Singapore yet....

Originally posted by Flare

No you can only use 1600 on GP powerbank II... They are timer based, if you use larger capacity, it'll not reach full charge, lower capacity, it'll over charge. If you wanna charge 1800, you'll need to get GP power bank III.... Which is not available in Singapore yet....

Ohh no ... I juz bought 2X700 AAA GP batteries ... the charger states it able to charge AAA batteries as well and I can only find 700 for AAA size rechargerable batteries

Ohh no ... I juz bought 2X700 AAA GP batteries ... the charger states it able to charge AAA batteries as well and I can only find 700 for AAA size rechargerable batteries

might be possible. the current for charging AAA batteries is much lower than the current for AA batteries.

Originally posted by mpenza

might be possible. the current for charging AAA batteries is much lower than the current for AA batteries.

Ohh okay~ .. tink I betta go back and try tonite ... hope they dun blow or sumthing~

Btw mpenza ... do u find photos takened by the 2900 seem to haf this bluish tinge ??

Ohh okay~ .. tink I betta go back and try tonite ... hope they dun blow or sumthing~

Btw mpenza ... do u find photos takened by the 2900 seem to haf this bluish tinge ??

nope. do you get those with indoor pics? you might need to change your white balance settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.