Price for Nikon D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff chen

Sep 1, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi,

Planning to get the Nikon D70 kit (with the lens) soon. Can everyone let me know what is the best price they have bought the D70 in recent times and the place to get it please.

In order not to get into a price war situation, kindly pm me to let me know. I want this to be a discreet exercise. Thanks.

Cheapest I heard was 2050 by Lords at Lucky Plaza.

Why would giving you prices here cause a price war in Singapore? Even if there is a price war, wouldn't that be a good thing?

bernards said:
Cheapest I heard was 2050 by Lords at Lucky Plaza.

Why would giving you prices here cause a price war in Singapore? Even if there is a price war, wouldn't that be a good thing?

No harm to share the price here as long as you tell the truth. However, consumers are always benefiting from price war.

Kong Ming said:
No harm to share the price here as long as you tell the truth. However, consumers are always benefiting from price war.

Well, let me tell you this. There is harm, but not to us, but to the shops. Some already got letter sent to them by Nikon SG. Same thing for other products like fish food, whatever.....

;( got mine from AP for $2080 3days ago.
Somemore want to snook me by writing on the box "$2080 before GST"
Wanted to charge me $2184.siao ah! i tell him back "equote not $1980 meh" then this guy keke ask another guy "eh,$2080 can do or not" then the guy think think say "Hmm....can lah...."
Wah lao,so drama but this is the first time i encountered such problem there.Probably due to the fact that i reserved the set through phone.

zaxh81 said:
Wanted to charge me $2184.siao ah! i tell him back "equote not $1980 meh" then this guy keke ask another guy "eh,$2080 can do or not" then the guy think think say "Hmm....can lah...."
Wah lao,so drama but this is the first time i encountered such problem there.Probably due to the fact that i reserved the set through phone.

Is it your first time buying from them? Many more happy incidents to come if you don't go elsewhere with your money.

zaxh81 said:

Just have to be careful when dealing with them. Else you can drive a hard bargain and sometimes you can get a great price esp if you are a regular..... or get the freebies (lens cloth, batteries, blower etc.....).

Mine was a package price, Pay $2288 for Package.
512MB CF Card
CF Card Reader
Tripod (Crappy stuff)
Nikon Camera bag
D70 Remote control.

This package is good for me cos I don't have everything listed in the package (with the tripod being the exception)

Got it at MS Colour, but I think you can get it elsewhere.....

2100 said:
Just have to be careful when dealing with them. Else you can drive a hard bargain and sometimes you can get a great price esp if you are a regular..... or get the freebies (lens cloth, batteries, blower etc.....).

Better advice would be to go else where and you don't need to keep your guard up. Talking business when you know the other party is a known slasher with a kinfe hidden and more then happy to use it, what a terrible way to go shopping.

bernards said:
Is it your first time buying from them? Many more happy incidents to come if you don't go elsewhere with your money.

my second cam bought from them,D70 being my fifth cam in just 2 years.Normally they do quote very good price and i enjoyed frequenting them,this being my first bad encounter with them so far but it wont put me off.i will still go there but maybe equote first before go.

I became a proud owner of the D70 a couple of days ago...
Got mine from Raffles city Harvey Norman $2288 (incl GST) + $350 (for 4 yrs extended warranty)
Items include :
D70 Kit
512Mb (Sandisk Ultra II)
CF card reader
Tripod
Remote Control
123 of digital imaging guide
Nikon bag

although there r some better deal out there but I dont mind paying more for the extended warranty!

cheers :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.