Price for a used DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo77

Mar 12, 2009
Dear snrs, am thinking to going into DSLR and still comtemplating whether to get brand new or second hand. Has been monitoring the marketplace but the asking price for a used DSLR doesn't seem worth as it is slightly cheaper than a brand new. Take one few months old canon 500D, ppl selling 1150 which is only 50 to 100 cheaper than a new one. Am into other hobbies and usually depreciation for second hand item will be easily 20% or more. Thanks inadvance to those who can provide advice. Regards.

Tay76101

Jun 16, 2009
EAST.
You should not get a second hand because it is not worth and may damage.

You should get first hand.:)

jlkk76

Dec 28, 2006
Tampines
normally the newer model dun depreciate much de...

So, if u lookin into 2nd hand, why dun consider a older model like 450D or 1000D leh or even other model?

U can get it a very gd price now lor.. else, go get a new one! :devil:

Solo77

Mar 12, 2009
thanks for the advice. hoping to get a good deal but the deal doesnt seem attractive, hence prevented me from getting. think i will have to buy a new one and give up the ideal of getting second hand.

Tay76101

Jun 16, 2009
EAST.
thanks for the advice. hoping to get a good deal but the deal doesnt seem attractive, hence prevented me from getting. think i will have to buy a new one and give up the ideal of getting second hand.
You should get Canon 500D, you try to email to AP or TK or CP for e-quote. because it can give you a discount.

Solo77

Mar 12, 2009
thanks for the advice. was comtemplating to get 450 D or 500D....for 450 D, the asking price was close to 1 K which i think it might be more worthwhile getting new 500D. i understand MS or Alan photo do give reasonable pricing. Will check out.

Tay76101

Jun 16, 2009
EAST.
thanks for the advice. was comtemplating to get 450 D or 500D....for 450 D, the asking price was close to 1 K which i think it might be more worthwhile getting new 500D. i understand MS or Alan photo do give reasonable pricing. Will check out.
I love my Canon 500D. because i can choose video and photo.;)

You better get Canon 500D. Because Canon 450D may discontinued soon.

Feb 6, 2006
Entry level DSLR is like that, depreciate like nobody business..

Coz nowadays many DSLR company comes out new entry models like every 3-6 months,
especially the N & C camp

Therefore what makes you think ur newly purchased DSLR can maintain its value after a year ?

If you happen to find one reasonable priced 2nd hand DSLR, why not ?
Moreover, many had sell off their entry level DSLR after 1-2 years of usage :sweat:

Tay76101

Jun 16, 2009
EAST.
Entry level DSLR is like that, depreciate like nobody business..

Coz nowadays many DSLR company comes out new entry models like every 3-6 months,
especially the N & C camp

Therefore what makes you think ur newly purchased DSLR can maintain its value after a year ?

If you happen to find one reasonable priced 2nd hand DSLR, why not ?
Moreover, many had sell off their entry level DSLR after 1-2 years of usage :sweat:
But i already bought Canon 500D.:sweat:
Because i chose canon 500D,i told him take out canon 50D , i want the canon 500D. but too late for me.

Feb 6, 2006
But i already bought Canon 500D.:sweat:
Because i chose canon 500D,i told him take out canon 50D , i want the canon 500D. but too late for me.
Ok, end of the day difference quite marginal..
Important, we fully utilized w/ what we have & shoot more ! :sweatsm:

denisme

Aug 5, 2009
Just sharing, I'm a newbie too, got 500D with Tamron 17-50, n having a lot of fun, but is not using the video much.. so u might wanna consider 40D (no video) like they said.. but do consider the discontinuing of the product..

oh.. wanna recommend Cathay Photo@Peninsular, they give very good advice, very informative n sincere.. bought my lens n bag there.

good luck..

chiangkxv

Jul 5, 2008
Tiong Bahru
www.flickr.com
Just sharing, I'm a newbie too, got 500D with Tamron 17-50, n having a lot of fun, but is not using the video much.. so u might wanna consider 40D (no video) like they said.. but do consider the discontinuing of the product..

oh.. wanna recommend Cathay Photo@Peninsular, they give very good advice, very informative n sincere.. bought my lens n bag there.

good luck..
yea yea! i love the build of a 40D. i dun need the high res LCD, hi mega pixel count, videos. definitely bang for buck!

satch

May 1, 2004
Living out of the suitcase...
Dear snrs, am thinking to going into DSLR and still comtemplating whether to get brand new or second hand. Has been monitoring the marketplace but the asking price for a used DSLR doesn't seem worth as it is slightly cheaper than a brand new. Take one few months old canon 500D, ppl selling 1150 which is only 50 to 100 cheaper than a new one. Am into other hobbies and usually depreciation for second hand item will be easily 20% or more. Thanks inadvance to those who can provide advice. Regards.
sometimes it may be a simple demand and supply equation e.g. if it's a newly launched product, there is hardly anyone selling, as such seller may be able to command a price which is not too drastic... or take a look at the 5dmk2 bodies for example...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom