price for 40d with lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

smirnon

Dec 16, 2007
Upp Thomson
i bought the 40d body with EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens yesterday from bally at funan. actually i thought was ok but now am suspicious of the price because he told me to buy the hoya filter at $180 :bigeyes:. i didnt know the price of the filter so i just bought everything for 3k. came with 2gb cf card, canon tripod and a canon bag.:eek:

do u think they will refund u the difference or give u more freebies if u go and make noise? if not, then move and enjoy your new camera.

next time, don't buy anything from bally in funan. the guy wanted to charge me 90 bucks for a 40 bucks lens hood.

hmm, actually may i know whats the normal price for this set? although i know it might cause some heartache.. at least i know how much im cheated of :cry:

mm the body standard pricing this days is abt the range of 1850-1900. The lens im not sure but you can check in the canon section lens price list. But 180 for a hoya filter? Pro 1 Digital Slim Cir Pol? lol even my 82mm Pro 1 UV is 120 only -.-

:sweat:

Don't think too much about the money since you have already bought the camera.
:devil: Just becareful the next time you. (they try to give additional stuff to you, take note or package)

** always check out the price list before heading to the market place. - :thumbsup:

If the Sales person is ok, any near price I will just buy.
(few dollars, then travel to another place.. :think: time, effort, cost)

All I can say is, you've been quoted way too high. Last time I went there, this guy wanted to charge me 85SGD for a 2GB Kingston CF 48X. That's like more than double. Then he lowered it to 65, no thanks..

I think you got cheated alot ..

here are the price from this forum's pricelist

$1900 (body)
$700 (lens)
$100 (filter)
---------------
$2700

try go back and ask them?

yeah tried to go back to ask.. but as u know, all these people if they're out to cheat they wont do anything one, just deny and all. :nono: hate those pesky buggers. nothing much i can do right? anyone tried complaining to case before? we bought the 28-135 because my dad thought that 28-135 is the same as the film cameras (didnt know about crop factor). so knowing we were cheated, we went back and wanted to change back to the 17-85lense, he quoted to us to take back the 28-135 at "half price" which was about 400 bucks and make us top up another 800 odd for the 17-85 kit lens wth! :bigeyes::bigeyes: really dishonest shop :nono:

this is the shop in question

Bally Photo Electronics Pte Ltd
109 North Bridge Road
#05-16 Funan The IT Mall
Singapore 179097
Tel: (65)63388454

Sales person is Anthony Yeo. :thumbsd:

I think you got cheated alot ..

here are the price from this forum's pricelist

$1900 (body)
$700 (lens)
$100 (filter)
---------------
$2700

try go back and ask them?

well, if you add in the tripod and bag you mentioned, it will be slightly less.

Since the money is already out of your pocket, just follow the above CSer mentioned, to enjoy your new purchase. Now you know better next time purchasing.

I made similar mistake when starting out. :( May not by much but certainly got conned a bit.

You gave him your money and he gave you the goods. Its a price you agreed upon so its a fair deal. You have only yourself to blame for not doing any research.

You gave him your money and he gave you the goods. Its a price you agreed upon so its a fair deal. You have only yourself to blame for not doing any research.

Yah well said.

So my suggestion is stop whinning and comparing. Just go out and enjoy the shoot.

Afterall he did not sell you defective goods just expensive and bad configurations.

You should learn your lesson when shopping in Sim Lim. Research first then commit.

Welcome to the world of DSLR!!!! Enjoy your 45-216mm lens.

wah 3K i can get with flash man ! With your price, might as well buy at harvey norman, much cheaper.

Next time do some research before buying.

I just went thru a photography magazine last week and saw this advertisement of digital cameras from the USA call broadway photo and the 40D with lens only cost US$1154 with free ground shipping. If you ship thru vpost u only pay about S$50 to ship back to S'pore.

next time buy at more reputable stores and do homework first wor.
best is ask around in cs then can go buy with confidence and no regrets!
money lost can be made but go out shoot more! make the cam work for it! :p

Well he is new and I actually sympathize with him. Although I agree what you said is true but I believe it could do with a better tone. IMO, it felt like getting scolded for doing something you are new at wrongly. No offence tho.

And yes TS, please go enjoy your new 40D :thumbsup: and dun worry bout the cash matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.