Price Comparison for D70 as at Aug/Sep 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Tiger

May 11, 2004
In the heart of SengKang
www.worldwar2aces.com
D70 with kit lens

1. MS Color : $2100 with GST (cash and net only)
2. Lords : ???
3. TK Photo : $2080 with GST (cash and net only)
4. Allan Photo : ???
5. Cathay Photo : $2100 with GST
6. TCW : ???
7. Aik Seng Photo at Lucky Plaza : ???
8. Paris Silk in Holland Village : ???
9. Buy & Sell Forum : what would be the best selling 2nd hand price

Any one got any information, please fill up to share with all for comparision.
(Since Aik Seng Photo is the exclusive for Nikon in Comex 2004, wonder if we can get the good price with freebies at the shop it self at Lucky Plaza, but talk about Lucky Plaza, not sure if Aik Seng Photo is honest one or black list shop since there are a few shops being black list by Singapore Tourism Board)

P.S. : I am not buying now as I am still comfortably using my F828, but for the fun and interest to analysis the price situation first.

Today if u buy at $2100, or 3 months later u at $2050 or 6 months later maybe cost $2000 or 0ne year later cost $1800!

Who win u may ask ?(for either canon or nikon cameras)

Winner is = The people who buy the very first batches! How so......!?

1 month of owning (D70 or Canon...) and enjoyment is like maybe a bouns of $100. 2 month x2, 3 month x3 $$$ and so on....!

2 years later when a replacement come, those who bought the first batch enjoyed 24 months , if u buy 3months later u enjoy only about 12 months = to another big lost cause the selling price will be the same for the two D70s bought at different timing!

Conclusion, buy now, stress cost more money! :blah:

I also want to buy but money not enough also cause me more stress! :dunno:

does any shop allow me to trade in my cam and upgrade it to a D70?

or would it better to just sell it of... *using a G5*

Just got my D70 + kit. $2050 from MS Colour :thumbsup:
They have the same promo as Comex as well $2288. Only diff is the LCD hood. MS replace with a remote control ....."mai tu liao" :p

Photominia said:
Today if u buy at $2100, or 3 months later u at $2050 or 6 months later maybe cost $2000 or 0ne year later cost $1800!

Who win u may ask ?(for either canon or nikon cameras)

Winner is = The people who buy the very first batches! How so......!?

1 month of owning (D70 or Canon...) and enjoyment is like maybe a bouns of $100. 2 month x2, 3 month x3 $$$ and so on....!

2 years later when a replacement come, those who bought the first batch enjoyed 24 months , if u buy 3months later u enjoy only about 12 months = to another big lost cause the selling price will be the same for the two D70s bought at different timing!

Conclusion, buy now, stress cost more money! :blah:

Yeah, agree - buy and enjoy shooting now and not 3 months or 6 months later. For those on film, each month you spend 30 to 50 bucks. With dSLR, you save. With film it is how many rolls you shoot and spend. With dSLR, it is how much time you have to shoot to your heart's content.

King Tiger said:
D70 with kit lens

1. MS Color : $2100 with GST (cash and net only)
2. Lords : ???
3. TK Photo : $2080 with GST (cash and net only)
4. Allan Photo : ???
5. Cathay Photo : $2100 with GST
6. TCW : ???
7. Aik Seng Photo at Lucky Plaza : ???
8. Paris Silk in Holland Village : ???
9. Buy & Sell Forum : what would be the best selling 2nd hand price

Any one got any information, please fill up to share with all for comparision.
(Since Aik Seng Photo is the exclusive for Nikon in Comex 2004, wonder if we can get the good price with freebies at the shop it self at Lucky Plaza, but talk about Lucky Plaza, not sure if Aik Seng Photo is honest one or black list shop since there are a few shops being black list by Singapore Tourism Board)

P.S. : I am not buying now as I am still comfortably using my F828, but for the fun and interest to analysis the price situation first.

why not ask about 20D instead? :bsmilie: you really are going the distance just to decide for a purchase in the future huh? don't get mad, just joking.

silverbeem said:
Just got my D70 + kit. $2050 from MS Colour :thumbsup:
They have the same promo as Comex as well $2288. Only diff is the LCD hood. MS replace with a remote control ....."mai tu liao" :p

So $2050 gave you the same freebies(+ remote) as at Comex? :dunno:

james2 said:
why not ask about 20D instead? :bsmilie: you really are going the distance just to decide for a purchase in the future huh? don't get mad, just joking.
He is courteous enough to ask in the Nikon forum. He has asked questions about the other brands in the other forums. He will ask it there if he wants to. Asking him to look at a camera that will not be available in SG for at least a month, which no one here has tested or know even its actual price (which is his intention), is useless. :rolleyes:

Yesterday is gone; today is here; tomorrow will be something new. What you take today may never be repeated. Just do it... ;)

Well Watcher, I think if we don't advise him to wait just one month (till after Photokina) to see what Nikon does and for Canon to announce the price of the 20D we will be doing him a disservice. He may have decided to get a D70, but the DSLR market is going to get a big shakeup within the next month. There are rumours already that Canon will price the 20D very close to the D70 - if so, Nikon will drop the price. He might be able to pick up a bargain priced D70 in a very short while.

People often compare the camera market to the CPU market. Now I know they're not exactly the same, but the CPU market goes something like this: the price is stable for a few months (with only a few wobbles according to supply and demand) and then a new CPU is released and the price drops significantly. I always wait until a new CPU is released before I buy, because then I am guaranteed to benefit from the recent price drop. My money goes further.

I have made that mistake before - bought a brand spanking new AMD Barton 2500+ only for AMD to release the 2800+ the very next week. My 2500+ went from $400 to $280 instantly. Oh, and you can predict CPU releases too - you just need to have your ear on the ground and browse the right forums :)

I have suffered similar heartaches on the share market but let's not go there. A bit too painful to talk about it :(

KT, my advice is wait one month unless you REALLY CANNOT WAIT. There will be an imminent price shakeup. Buy your D70 when you know where the market is going to go.

What Watcher mentioned is more realistic. Photokina is not really known well in Singapore especially all Singaporeans who just jumped into photography and do not know what photokina really is.

Being a Canon user and I will dare to say this. Canon just whacked themselves in the head again. They have failed to wait for Nikon to release the D100 replacement which is rumoured to be the D200. Now, if the D200 is way much better than the 20D, then Canon is doomed again. Take the D60 for example when the D100 came out. I whacked myself for buying the D60 first then switched over to the 10D. Case in point. If only Canon were to be patient and wait, I think that they would draw much more people over to Canon than Nikon.

Do tell me if there is anything wrong that I have stated here. ;)

Well, Amfibius, the issue is that our dear KT is just asking for the price of Nikon products, nothing more, nothing less. Sure, asking him to wait for Photokina may be a good idea; I'm not asking him to do anything precipitious. But like he himself said "I am not buying now".

That said, he had posted "Understudying *" where * is the brand appropriate to the forum. Given the amount of noise on this issue, I would think that if he wants to he could easily posted a thread over at the other brand forum appropriately. Of course, since this new said product is announced, with no official price given, it is hard for him to ask and for others to give, even in the appropriate price for it. Furthermore, besides the other sites giving previews, no one here has touched it, much less use and can give first hand comments.

I'm just stating a fact in the last paragraph.

Agape, I don't think you understood my post. This is nothing about Canon making mistakes or releasing cameras before the D200. I am pointing out that there are rumours of new DSLR releases which will happen within the next month. New DSLR's from major companies will shake up the market - who knows, Nikon might announce a price drop for the D70 at the same time they announce the D200?

IMO telling him to go spend money right now on a depreciable asset when you know the market is about to change is not good advice.

KT: If you need help in getting the D70 or your so called 'analysis' results requires one, let me know. :)

Hey sykestang - I thought you Were the MO king for clubsnap? :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:

Yep... can look for sykestang for D70 or me oso can. Hehe.. previously didn't dare to ask people to look for sykestang, cos I scared sykestang beat me up for arrowing him without his permission ;)

D70 lobangs lot lot!! Valid for Nikonians! Come on baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.