Price check on 67mm UV filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopGun

Jan 7, 2003
Visit site
I am thinking of getting a UV filter for my len. 67mm size.

Thinking of getting it from AP or CP. Would appreciate if someone can update me a ball park price of the item. Say HOYA (normal or HMC), Cokins etc.

I am asking in case of bad luck and I was to be 'over-quoted' by the sales execs.

Many thanks in advance.

Bought a Cokin 67mm UV filter for $25 from CP a few weeks back.
Price tag was $35.
A Hoya 67mm Circular Polarizer cost me $65, price tag showed $81.
Always ask the staff for the best price when shopping at CP or else you pay at retail price.
;)

MyNikon said:
Bought a Cokin 67mm UV filter for $25 from CP a few weeks back.
Price tag was $35.
A Hoya 67mm Circular Polarizer cost me $65, price tag showed $81.
Always ask the staff for the best price when shopping at CP or else you pay at retail price.
;)

Think i got my tokina wan lolx from ms for bout 40+ hoya is about 60+....and i ask what the difference the hoya box put made by tokina so i bought the tokina wan lolx:bsmilie:

I have a Tokina Cir-PL, which is cheaper than a Hoya, and after comparing the two I like the Tokina more even though it's much cheaper.

Just to make sure as well,

what's the price for a Hoya Super HMC UV(O) 52mm?

They also sell B+W brand filters, but they seem to be a little more expensive. The price tag on a 67mm UV runs at around $90, but I paid $68 for mine as I was buying my lens.

Between the various brands, HOYA, Tokina, Cokins, etc, are there noticable differences in term of build quality and optical quality?

B+W is kinda priced out of my comfort zone. :)

Tokina made a lot of filters for Hoya. Filters comes in coated and uncoated and multi-coated etc. The difference is the quality and price. Buy what you can afford. :)

TopGun said:
Between the various brands, HOYA, Tokina, Cokins, etc, are there noticable differences in term of build quality and optical quality?

B+W is kinda priced out of my comfort zone. :)

In the end, the filter is really only a protector, so any brand would do. I'm not sure about differences in optical quality, but I have read elsewhere that if you own a Canon L lens with weather sealing, a B+W filter will complete the sealing in front very nicely.

Hoya is extremely popular...I haven't seen any brand mentioned as often as this one.

THK - tokina hoya kenko = 1 company
each a division.
Hoya makes glass.
Tokina makes filters.
hoya sends quality glass to tokina to make into hoya filters, optics supposedly better.

LordAeRo said:
Just to make sure as well,

what's the price for a Hoya Super HMC UV(O) 52mm?

Recently i bought one (52mm). Think i was quoted $20. I went for Hoya Super HMC Pro1, think it was $40. Much thinner & lighter.

i paid 20 for my 77mm UV while i purchase my 12-24. (if i'm not remember wrongly the diameter should be 77mm)

I made my purchase 1wk back. Hoya 67mm filter HMC UV(0) for $36. For info.

besh said:
i paid 20 for my 77mm UV while i purchase my 12-24. (if i'm not remember wrongly the diameter should be 77mm)

wow..... $20 for the 77mm UV ?
just like to check: what brand is that?
i was quoted 98 for B+W 77mm and about 60 for the Hoya one....

Status
Not open for further replies.