Price check on 67mm UV filter


Status
Not open for further replies.

TopGun

New Member
Jan 7, 2003
176
0
0
Visit site
#1
I am thinking of getting a UV filter for my len. 67mm size.

Thinking of getting it from AP or CP. Would appreciate if someone can update me a ball park price of the item. Say HOYA (normal or HMC), Cokins etc.


I am asking in case of bad luck and I was to be 'over-quoted' by the sales execs.

Many thanks in advance.
 

MyNikon

New Member
Apr 7, 2005
288
0
0
50
Bedok North
#2
Bought a Cokin 67mm UV filter for $25 from CP a few weeks back.
Price tag was $35.
A Hoya 67mm Circular Polarizer cost me $65, price tag showed $81.
Always ask the staff for the best price when shopping at CP or else you pay at retail price.
;)
 

Den01

New Member
Jan 1, 2005
66
0
0
#3
MyNikon said:
Bought a Cokin 67mm UV filter for $25 from CP a few weeks back.
Price tag was $35.
A Hoya 67mm Circular Polarizer cost me $65, price tag showed $81.
Always ask the staff for the best price when shopping at CP or else you pay at retail price.
;)
Think i got my tokina wan lolx from ms for bout 40+ hoya is about 60+....and i ask what the difference the hoya box put made by tokina so i bought the tokina wan lolx:bsmilie:
 

MyNikon

New Member
Apr 7, 2005
288
0
0
50
Bedok North
#4
I have a Tokina Cir-PL, which is cheaper than a Hoya, and after comparing the two I like the Tokina more even though it's much cheaper.
 

Jul 21, 2005
373
0
16
30
Jurong East
#5
Just to make sure as well,

what's the price for a Hoya Super HMC UV(O) 52mm?
 

fWord

Senior Member
Jun 23, 2005
3,350
0
0
35
Melbourne, Australia
#6
They also sell B+W brand filters, but they seem to be a little more expensive. The price tag on a 67mm UV runs at around $90, but I paid $68 for mine as I was buying my lens.
 

TopGun

New Member
Jan 7, 2003
176
0
0
Visit site
#7
Between the various brands, HOYA, Tokina, Cokins, etc, are there noticable differences in term of build quality and optical quality?

B+W is kinda priced out of my comfort zone. :)
 

Photobug

New Member
May 9, 2005
56
0
0
Wild Wild West
#8
Tokina made a lot of filters for Hoya. Filters comes in coated and uncoated and multi-coated etc. The difference is the quality and price. Buy what you can afford. :)
 

fWord

Senior Member
Jun 23, 2005
3,350
0
0
35
Melbourne, Australia
#9
TopGun said:
Between the various brands, HOYA, Tokina, Cokins, etc, are there noticable differences in term of build quality and optical quality?

B+W is kinda priced out of my comfort zone. :)
In the end, the filter is really only a protector, so any brand would do. I'm not sure about differences in optical quality, but I have read elsewhere that if you own a Canon L lens with weather sealing, a B+W filter will complete the sealing in front very nicely.

Hoya is extremely popular...I haven't seen any brand mentioned as often as this one.
 

unseen

Senior Member
Dec 14, 2004
2,622
0
0
NTU and Wdls
#10
THK - tokina hoya kenko = 1 company
each a division.
Hoya makes glass.
Tokina makes filters.
hoya sends quality glass to tokina to make into hoya filters, optics supposedly better.
 

wrx_sti_22b

Senior Member
Apr 14, 2005
4,968
2
38
42
Compassvale Lane
#11
LordAeRo said:
Just to make sure as well,

what's the price for a Hoya Super HMC UV(O) 52mm?
Recently i bought one (52mm). Think i was quoted $20. I went for Hoya Super HMC Pro1, think it was $40. Much thinner & lighter.
 

besh

New Member
May 8, 2005
494
0
0
#13
i paid 20 for my 77mm UV while i purchase my 12-24. (if i'm not remember wrongly the diameter should be 77mm)
 

TopGun

New Member
Jan 7, 2003
176
0
0
Visit site
#14
I made my purchase 1wk back. Hoya 67mm filter HMC UV(0) for $36. For info.
 

erictan8888

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2004
2,883
1
0
Singapore
#15
besh said:
i paid 20 for my 77mm UV while i purchase my 12-24. (if i'm not remember wrongly the diameter should be 77mm)
wow..... $20 for the 77mm UV ?
just like to check: what brand is that?
i was quoted 98 for B+W 77mm and about 60 for the Hoya one....
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom