Prewedding Photography & Videography - London + Prague

Tiffany

Aug 3, 2015
East
I have an assignment to both London & Prague to take prewedding photographs and videos as a freelance job.

I have zero experience in both destinations and have the following questions.

1. Any (Working) Visa required for both places?
2. Any thing to take note of at the airport customs?
3. Any places to recommend?

Any kind souls out there to help? Much Appreciated.:heart:

I suppose you have a good contract? If this is direct with the wedding couple, then you need to read up on visa requirements. If you contract with a company (for example a wedding planner) then the company should be able to help you out.

for your gear you can check some of the forum threads on tripods, batteries, etc. and see what you can carry and what has to be checked-in.

other members may also chip in on advice.

I suppose you have a good contract? If this is direct with the wedding couple, then you need to read up on visa requirements. If you contract with a company (for example a wedding planner) then the company should be able to help you out.

for your gear you can check some of the forum threads on tripods, batteries, etc. and see what you can carry and what has to be checked-in.

other members may also chip in on advice.

Thks @Bluesubm6: My contract is with a photography company. But seems that there isn't a need for working visa except New Zealand. So ambiguous. :/

A business visa typically requires a sponsor or company at the destination to issue a letter for the business visa application. This varies among countries. There are also tax implications for stays more than 3 months. Probably the company just uses a tourist visa for a few days of touristy wedding shoots.

By the way, what gear will you be bringing for your part of the shoot?

I will be bringing my 5d mark 3 and will be doing some photos and videos. Perhaps 1 tripod and some led lights.

But as a Singaporean, I actually do not require a tourist visa. Or it's better to just apply one?

That's not a lot of gear. Just go as a tourist, especially since no visa required in your case. There is a thread that recently covered Prague - in this same forum. Enjoy the trip!