Preview on PDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoAnt

Jul 11, 2004
I am new to digital photography. Am wondering whether it is possible to preview or download pixs from 10D to a pda, mine is a HP3970?

Any experience anyone?

Not necessary to have CF slot. You can do it by infrared or even bluetooth. You may need to convert the format to suit your pda.

jbma said:
Not necessary to have CF slot. You can do it by infrared or even bluetooth. You may need to convert the format to suit your pda.

Is the 10D equipped with IR or Bluetooth transmitter? Are there any other form of cable connection? Assuming you're travelling and not carrying a notebook but just the PDA, any options (other than the CF back)?

Understand. Don't intend to store, just previeew since it has higher resolution than the cam's LCD display.

Tried but the loading is way too slow because of the large file size

I am using Ipaq 2210, which is one of the fastest PDA in the market already

btw, although the resolution of the PDA screen is higher, the colour cannot make it

if you need to preview your pic on bigger screen, get a portable LCD TV (like those found in cars/planes) and connect to your TV-out, it is rather portable and you can view the pix instantly without downloading.

I have been using this method to shoot astrophoto

jbma said:

paiseh....din realise 10d comes wif IrDa/bt..... anyway....both method are slow.... faster is slot in ur memory card to preview... and don't have to worry about ur ppc having enuff memory onboard since u view it straight from ur camera's memory

currently most pocketpc resolution still at QVGA 320x240....

only toshiba e800 have a 4inch VGA640x480 resolution.... coming soon 3 models with vga screen.... ipaq 4700, fujitsu and asus...

kegler said:
paiseh....din realise 10d comes wif IrDa/bt..... anyway....both method are slow.... faster is slot in ur memory card to preview... and don't have to worry about ur ppc having enuff memory onboard since u view it straight from ur camera's memory

huh? since when 10D have IR and BT?

have u tried opening a 6MP jpeg using PDA? do you know it takes minutes to load directly from PDA memory, and it is even slower if you load from CF card!

btw, i am using Ipaq 2210 which is already running Xscale 400Mhz CPU.

the only practical way is to connect to a portable LCD monitor using TV-out, no need to remove CF card, just press play and u will see the image instantly.

such as
http://www.ebay.com.sg/viItem?ItemId=5712686190
and
http://www.ebay.com.sg/viItem?ItemId=3495953880

The first one is 7" display with resolution of 1440 x 234 = 336,960 pixels

Wai said:
huh? since when 10D have IR and BT?

have u tried opening a 6MP jpeg using PDA? do you know it takes minutes to load directly from PDA memory, and it is even slower if you load from CF card!

btw, i am using Ipaq 2210 which is already running Xscale 400Mhz CPU.

the only practical way is to connect to a portable LCD monitor using TV-out, no need to remove CF card, just press play and u will see the image instantly.

such as
http://www.ebay.com.sg/viItem?ItemId=5712686190
and
http://www.ebay.com.sg/viItem?ItemId=3495953880

The first one is 7" display with resolution of 1440 x 234 = 336,960 pixels

huh? im not the one who say 10d got irda/BT....JMBA said so....lol.... anyway.... open 6mb file on pocketpc....is nothing....if u got the right application to open with.... i watched a compressed version of DVD movies on 2210 and xda2.... both able to run smoothly....oh ya...on board memory only 64mb/128mb.... run straight from CF or SD....

Cheers

Aiyah what I meant was to transfer your pics to your pc and reduce the size first and then transfer to your pda. This you can do using IR or Bluetooth if your pda does not have a CF slot.

If you are travelling and don't have your notebook then you will need the CF adapter if your PDA does not have one.

kegler said:
huh? im not the one who say 10d got irda/BT....JMBA said so....lol.... anyway.... open 6mb file on pocketpc....is nothing....if u got the right application to open with.... i watched a compressed version of DVD movies on 2210 and xda2.... both able to run smoothly....oh ya...on board memory only 64mb/128mb.... run straight from CF or SD....

Cheers

Where in my post did I say so:dunno::)

PhotoAnt said:
I am new to digital photography. Am wondering whether it is possible to preview or download pixs from 10D to a pda, mine is a HP3970?

Any experience anyone?

If you must, use the CF card expansion sleeve, put the CF card from the camera into the sleeve and preview on the iPaq.

jbma said:
Where in my post did I say so:dunno::)

thought u answering his question.... cause his first post was talking about shooting in 10D n preview straight from it in his PPC..... never mention anything about going thru PC/notebook....hmm....lol

tot eastgear got sell some device that can preview the CF pics?

Hi folks who had contributed, many thanks for your inputs. I guess the resolution of my PDA is about the same as the LCD panel so it serves not much purpose to preview it on the PDA (except it has a bigger screen).

And presently it is too troublesome to preview it that way.

Thanks for all your response...consider the thread closed.

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.