Preview for RAW images..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ianlow

hi,

anyone knows if photoshop is able to list a preview of RAW image files? Currently I have to open up the files before I know what they are and it's taking up quite a lot of time due to the large file size.

Presuming you have Adobe Camera Raw plugin & Photoshop 7.0.1

Use the browse window to preview, and try to export cache to that folder as well to speed up access the next time.

P.S. If you don't have ACR, do wait for the next version of PS coming later in Q3/4, ACR is included then.

ianlow said:
hi,

anyone knows if photoshop is able to list a preview of RAW image files? Currently I have to open up the files before I know what they are and it's taking up quite a lot of time due to the large file size.

Hi Ian,

Welcome to ClubSNAP! :gbounce:

I'm using BreezeBrowser to handle my Raw files, very good raw files management tool. With functions to touch up your raw files, generate HTML albums, user friendly and pretty fast in generating the thumbnails. You can download an evaluation copy at

http://www.breezesys.com/

:)

If it is Canon Raw files, I would agree with Togu on the software Breezebrowser. Much better than the Doombrowser which canon had bundled.

If it is nikon or olympus raw files, i think there is another software available which i think is called Bibble.

Hope that helps.

hi all...

tried bibble on my photoshop, seems rather slow, could be due to my system. as for BreezeBrowser, I'm using a MAC, so that's out for me. :) CameraRaw doesn't seem to have an evaluation version so guess I'll have to wait a while for that... In the mean time, I'll stick to bibble first... Hee...

Try Capture One DSLR from Phase One . You will love it. Supports Mac OS X and Windows. And it's better than Breezebrowser IMHO. Photoshop RAW plugin sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.