Pretty Random Objects

erinnish

Jul 11, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Starting a new thread - Pretty Random Objects - because at times, I think the angels decide to take a break when I'm in the kitchen, and the food just aren't worth photographing.

I've discovered that I really enjoy taking still life. Since I don't have the wonderful toys that the rest of you own, I'll be taking pictures of random objects instead, and hope they turn out pretty :)

Thought this might be a good way to practise my photography, get to know my lenses better, improve on my composition and colour coordination, and of course to learn more about lighting!

I would greatly appreciate any comments - the good, the bad and the ugly... :)

(And I hope this thread doesn't bore you!)

+++

This first post is still food related somehow. Can't seem to run away from it.. haha.. but I will eventually!

Dried pasta and soba noodles..

MG_3158reda.jpg

Untitled-312.jpg

Untitled-157.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Starting a new thread - Pretty Random Objects - because at times, I think the angels decide to take a break when I'm in the kitchen, and the food just aren't worth photographing.

I've discovered that I really enjoy taking still life. Since I don't have the wonderful toys that the rest of you own, I'll be taking pictures of random objects instead, and hope they turn out pretty
Thought this might be a good way to practise my photography, get to know my lenses better, improve on my composition and colour coordination, and of course to learn more about lighting!

I would greatly appreciate any comments - the good, the bad and the ugly...

(And I hope this thread doesn't bore you!)

+++

This first post is still food related somehow. Can't seem to run away from it.. haha.. but I will eventually!

Dried pasta and soba noodles..

MG_3158reda.jpg

Untitled-312.jpg

Untitled-157.jpg

Weird... uncooked but still look so yummy hahaha :bsmilie:

I like all the bright, airy pictures you have. :bsmilie: feels really nice looking at them; like they can be put in print.

I like all the bright, airy pictures you have. :bsmilie: feels really nice looking at them; like they can be put in print.

Thanks, bonrya :D

This is rather related to my homefood thread on Valentine's.

Received a beautifully written card from my hubby (trying my best not to show the contents in this pic!) and a cool kitchen timer! Yes, we are kitchen gadget fanatics!!

MG_4113a.jpg