Pretty confused abt some settings for low-light

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
Hi, i need some advice on taking shots without using tripod under low-light condition.
The camera i am using is IXUS 30.
It seems that the photos taken are rather 'shakey' and blury under low-light indoor conditions without using flash nor tripod.
To me, using flash makes the overall picture looks bad, thus i try to refrain from using it.

However, i am pretty confused about what to set in order to get the best pictures.
Here are the settings i have with my IXUS 30:
EV -+ 2
ISO 50,100,200,400
Night mode, Indoor mode, Kids/animal mode, Manual mode, Portrait mode, Auto mode

So which is the combination to take so that the pictures looks bright and clear indoor? Sometimes its daytime and night time shots.

Hmm... the combination doesn't matter much if it's human error. As long as you shake, the picture will shake. So try to steady yourself as much as possible, use all the tricks.

foxtwo said:
Hmm... the combination doesn't matter much if it's human error. As long as you shake, the picture will shake. So try to steady yourself as much as possible, use all the tricks.

For me, the pics turn out rather stable most of the time.. except for 1 or 2.
But for other people using it, most of the time i get blurry shots.
So perhaps there's some settings combination to minimise the problem, no?
Just like if i turn on the flash, all the blurry shots will not likely to occur.
But the problem is... i dont really like using flash.

then other people no skill loh. lolz.
But really, that's the limitations of a PnS. Learn to live with it (flash).

1) do not compose using the lcd screen, your hands will shake alot, compose like traditional compacts or SLR, thou the screen, when hold in your arms are not extended and thus minimise your movement.

2)as for indoors with good lighting, EV-1/3" or -1/2", iso 100 (any more very noisy), manual mode (otherwise how to control EV?).

Status
Not open for further replies.