Pretty Colombian Girls

Have a mental checklist next time.
What camera did you use?

Good idea. Yes I need to do that. I use a Sony a6000 with two lenses, a Sony Zeiss 24 1.8 and a Zeiss Batis 85 1.8.

Last edited:
A shop girl in Cartagena.

48000707252_123df01e11_b.jpg

Beautiful smile and facial expression.
Do take notice of background ..some horizontal strip of material behind head.
Better than the blank look. Good portrait 85mm lens you have.

What's behind, always a problem. Have to work on that. Issues on this one too. Village waitress.

25760533645_86ed58ea10_b.jpg

Yes..background because it's dark still ok.I can see shadow from flash.Try using a piece of tissue or tracing paper wrap around flash to diffuse the light.

The hands not posed right..left hand fingers are splayed with 4th. Finger in pocket, close them together.Karate chop look better than claw fingers. Right hand looks cutoff. Should have gone for 3/4 body shot than half. Mujer hermosa!

Last edited:
On the Chocó coast (hair on arm I know)

48029789653_491e40da90_b.jpg

How you frame the shot for a portrait makes a diffrtence.A tighter frame reduces distracting details, it guides the eye to the model rather than wondering around the frame.Do you think it is more efective, have a look.
20190609_221134.png

Well that's a little too tight for me but I understand your point.

Wasn't posing here, was listening to a speaker.

36240889175_63dfa1e46d_b.jpg

Pic #31

A proper head shot is cropped just below neck or collar bone.Still hair management on the model"s left side.

Pic #32
If this was posed..hair management.

Thank you once again, helpful tip on #31. #32 was a snapshot, subject was unaware of the photo.

What’s aperature value are you using for most of your pictures? You have very good protrait lens

On the above photo it was f 2.2 at 1/320 with ISO 200 but that lens has quite a telephoto effect on my Sony a6000. I've used a 24 1.8 for most shots.

Reactions: Bosebani
Maybe some hair management on this one :) At least her fingers are together.

31898331736_06d6433f64_b.jpg

If this is a recent effort..nice but the left arm n hand is hidden.Managing her hair I suppose. A better pose I think will be her left hand managing her hair out in front..gives her hand something to do and looks more natural. Her facial expression could be better with a playful smile. Her hair is alright , use it to accentuate her figure creatively. Can ask her for suggestions, get her involved in the process she will have more fun and her expression look interesting. Looking more like a pro shot. Keep it up. :)

I took a number of others at the same time but she held her fingers open, claw like in them and I didn't catch it. Here's another of Jessika. The straight arm probably a no no.

40542172003_4e1fb472ff_b.jpg

You should direct or give instructions to model or else she does not have any idea what your photographic vision is.
By straightening her left arm she looks tensed although her facial expression is good. That is why you need to relax her by small talk..getting her to relax her shoulders goes a long way.One way of relaxing her is asking her to perform physical movements..
Walking, turning, dancing,even jumping up and down. Warming up is the key. Hair management
Has improved. Keep it up.
Ps same with moving other parts of the limbs.