Pretty Colombian Girls

Picture Taker

Jan 7, 2017
US
30933421746_5067954e79_b.jpg

Last edited:
Oops..hair on arms again. You have to know what you want to capture, is it the model only or her in the environment ( restaraunt). For environment photo you will need a wide angle lens about 35mm to show more of the surroundings.

If it's just the model and less is more meaning a tighter shot which in this case looking at her reflections of the eyes it's illuminated by combination of internal and ambient light (window) to reduce details or visual distractions you can use the back of the room ( grey wall/ soft white chair). Notice how distracting the light above her head and another one left of her face plus room walls and furniture and fittings like bar stools coming out of her shoulders.

Here is a simple lighting setup using flash:

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/...shoot-the-perfect-head-and-shoulders-portrait

Wow those are tight crops on that site. Thanks for the link.

Belatedly I have come to realize that the common (preferred?) approach here is to start a thread on a theme and then keep adding images to it so rather than continuing to start new threads I will just add future portrait shots here. If this is in error please advise.

Another of Jessika

45472178081_8a64eac7c0_b.jpg

Some dedicate a thread for a particular person and yes you can share all your photos in a single thread, then you can see your own progress and style change over time.Somehow your title "Restaurant" seems plain, I wonder if you can change it like visual restaurant or cafe I know it"s not imaginative but you get the idea.

Back to photo, hands look more natural if it's doing an action.Like for the same right hand position she can start ironing the hand from the top of jeans and end there.Notice the little finger and one next to it look like amputated because it's bent.That's why karate chop look fingers close together look nicer.
Also the left hand could be playfully hooked at the belt strap or both hands could do the same action. Giving space between arm and body make body thinner. Lastly hair issue at left side but not as bad as previous photos. Keep it up.

There I've changed the thread title to better describe the subjects. More good critique thank you.

Very good title, I'm sure this will get more attention..haha.

This pic #7 is alot better, when the shoulders can be seen it's more attractive and feminine.Hair wise you know what to do. See when arms are away from body she looks thinner,good job and so are the hands.The left hand shape is much prefered showing the letter O rather than showing the palm which mean "stop don't look at me!" Since she's more curvy you can use left arm to cover her ample butt by moving hand to the left pocket.Hide or disguise what you don't want audience to see using objects like hand in this case or hide in shadows by clever lighting. To slim her more pros will ask model to lean head forward and bend upper body forward.Model may think pose is awkward but it works! You have improved alot in portraiture. Bravo..ole!

Keep pics coming. Cheers!

Ha ha very kind, thank you sir. Another very informative critique. Many of the pics are not recent but they're all different and I can learn something from past mistakes.

This was taken poolside with Leslie lolled back in a pool chair. Torso to head angle not good?

31959313693_c73de46498_b.jpg

Yes..afraid so.Her chin pointing towards her chest makes her neck look short. If torso is reclined so would the head.
Flowing lines so to speak.

Yellow Braces.

Yes bad #1 hair over the arm I know.

47964985462_c6f5ffb0b1_k.jpg

Last edited:
As photographer you should be aware of colour matching or coordination..black hair with dark tee shirt. Even with braces on she is bonita chica. :)

Reactions: Picture Taker
Quite true, her hair disappears against the back t shirt. Bonita she is.

How could this have been improved?

26204936558_23ad86e8ab_k.jpg

For post #16
The guideline is not to crop below elbow similarly below the knee as it looks amputated. Also the clothing as it's a profile shot you would likely emphasise her curves like the back.

For post#17
Hair on the face. For boudior photo you want to emhasise her feminine sensuality so work on her facial expression. This is a classic blank look or deer in front of car headlights. Develop rapport with the model..talk to her, make her laugh anything to make her less self conscious.
Engage in small talk but don't ask personal questions.It's not easy so practice the art of conversation. :)

Thanks very much again. Yes the last was a hard case. Didn't really want to be photographed.

Wayuu girl in her crafts shop. She agreed to just one photo and gave me this passport photo pose.In my hurry I didn't catch the awkward placement of the shorts appearing to touch her cheek.

36684264602_3e72e16211_b.jpg

Last edited: