Preparing digital image files for printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth Tan

Deregistered
May 1, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
How do i prepare my softcopies photo before i send them to the photo shop for printing. I do not want the shop to any crop of sections of the photo. Is there a standard ratio i can adjust the dimension of the image files? Thanks.

ha..me also tryign thsi for first time..i heard its at least u need 1600x1200pixels @ at least 72dpi for A4 print...maybe wrong...for larger than or less than A4 print size then dunno..must wait till the more experienced people come n reply

Hi....

from wat I know...... I think you need to adjust to 3:2 ratio for
4R and S8R prints....

3R, 5R, 8R = 4:3 ratio.....

experts... please confirm.......

Elizabeth Tan said:
How do i prepare my softcopies photo before i send them to the photo shop for printing. I do not want the shop to any crop of sections of the photo. Is there a standard ratio i can adjust the dimension of the image files? Thanks.

If it's 4R prints, I always crop mine to a ration of 3:2, then I can select what I want to cut off. I also adjust the images using Photoshop actions to achieve more vivid photos, then tell the photoshop not to adjust color.

For printing in 4R at 300 dpi, crop to 4" by 6" or 1200px x 1800px. Try to get the caliberation photos from the printer and match it with ur monitor. Then ask the printer to print with no resize, no color adjustments.

Crop ratios are:

3R 3.5:5 or 7:10
4R 3:2
5R 5:7
6R 4:3
8R 4:5
12R 4:5

all 'S' sizes (eg, S6R, S12R) are 3:2 ratio.

if you dont want your images cropped at all, ask the lab.
Eg, for 4R, there's a 4R shorter mode in some labs. Photo will be 4:3 ratio. Slightly squarer than your usual 4R.

Status
Not open for further replies.