preparation for coming thursday THAIPUSAM...

niunai

Jul 28, 2008
Hello ppl

this coming thursday is THAIPUSAM...
it will definitely be a interesting event for shooting...

I am currently a d90 user... with kit lens, 35mm f1.8.
i planning to use 35mm f.18 to shoot in aperture priority.
any advice on what should i look out for? eg should i shoot in automode? if i have a tokina lens 11-16mm f2.8, should i use that for shooting? it is more for landscape right?

your advice will be appreciated...
=)

The Tokina 11-16 can b used as a prime as well. I even use it for portrait shoot. Just beware of the distortion. Enjoy

Go down to Little India tonight, do extensive tests. Tonight is will be packed as well, since it's Sunday. Might get similar conditions on Thursday, maybe a bit more light.

niunai said:
Hello ppl

this coming thursday is THAIPUSAM...
it will definitely be a interesting event for shooting...

I am currently a d90 user... with kit lens, 35mm f1.8.
i planning to use 35mm f.18 to shoot in aperture priority.
any advice on what should i look out for? eg should i shoot in automode? if i have a tokina lens 11-16mm f2.8, should i use that for shooting? it is more for landscape right?

your advice will be appreciated...
=)

I suppose 35/1.8 would be the lens you go to the most that night, but doesn't mean 11-16 is not useful either. It's all about the compositions you intend to achieve. Really hard to say. Kinda your personal preference there. Suggest you get a feel for the place and what to expect.

actually what i worry the most is that since the piercing and ritual will be around 4-5am in the morning, there might be low lighting ( i do not have flash) and it would definitely be crowded on the actual day..... in addition 35mm is very short might not be able to get close enough to get the shot i am looking for =(