Prepaid Cards - which to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotojoy

Mar 10, 2005
Singapore, NE
Dear All,

I'm kinda sotong when it comes to these stuff. :sweatsm: How does a prepaid card work?
Is it advisable to get one for friend from overseas?

Which telco offers a better prepaid card?

think u just buy the prepaid card. it has a fixed stored amount of value in the card, for e.g. 20 bucks. and as u use the card, the value will deduct till card finish loh

Dear All,

I'm kinda sotong when it comes to these stuff. :sweatsm: How does a prepaid card work?
Is it advisable to get one for friend from overseas?

Which telco offers a better prepaid card?

Is it to make overseas calls from Singapore or a mobile phone prepaid card ?
If its the former, you can buy a SingTel calling card from any DBS bank ATM. You will get a printed receipt, with a 12 digit pin. You just dial a toll free number 1800 5333333 and then follow further instructions.

Dunno about a prepaid card for a mobile phone.

okie... if u want those cards that are already registered, then you should try those small stores like those mama stores and so on. If not you can just walk into any 7 -11 to get it.

Most of the telcos are offering the same deals, except Singtel who gives free incoming all day on sunday. But otherwise, i think they should be the same. Personally i am using M1 prepaid for work. All of them have free incoming all day for about .60 SGD a day, you can either activiate it or not. If u do get M1, remember to get the super value card, which is 30 dollars for 100 dollars worth of talk time :)

Borrow this tread. If its for low usage, which is better? Tot of getting one for my daughter and mom. I have too many old HPs. Which one can last longer between top-ups. I mean if you dont use it?

Borrow this tread. If its for low usage, which is better? Tot of getting one for my daughter and mom. I have too many old HPs. Which one can last longer between top-ups. I mean if you dont use it?

IIRC, all pre-paid card need to be top-up at least once every 6 months else it will expire.

okie... if u want those cards that are already registered, then you should try those small stores like those mama stores and so on. If not you can just walk into any 7 -11 to get it.

Most of the telcos are offering the same deals, except Singtel who gives free incoming all day on sunday. But otherwise, i think they should be the same. Personally i am using M1 prepaid for work. All of them have free incoming all day for about .60 SGD a day, you can either activiate it or not. If u do get M1, remember to get the super value card, which is 30 dollars for 100 dollars worth of talk time :)

:thumbsup: cool! thanks for the tip!

which one do you all reccommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.