Premium Photographer at $18 or $28 an hour part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, this fellow is spoiling market and can moderator PM him or not ...

Let him be. We got no control over it. If you want ppl to aware of this situation, maybe post in your blog etc etc etc.. I will be doing that later on.

If you are a client, such a good deal, will you engage? Risk involved too. Such spoiler happens everywhere and he is asking for fast cash.

Just remember,

Cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap.

I'm not surprised by the $28/hr charge.

What I am very, very surprised at is the number of 'professional' photographers who claim that he is 'spoiling' the market.

What I am very, very surprised at is the number of 'professional' photographers who claim that he is 'spoiling' the market.

:bsmilie: totally agree. "professional"

Huh... What offence has the person committed? And the purpose of this post being... ??? :dunno:

Hi guy, check this out: http://hongrayphotography.webs.com/charges.htm

He has increase his rate from

Company event: 20SGD to 28 SGD

Pte event: 15SGD to 18 SGD

:angry:
hey, look at the brighter side, he has increase his rate by 20%~40%, not a lot of photographers can do that you know? .......

to some of us, increase by 5% is a lot liao.

What have the poor teen done to deserve such continued and determined slamming by 'Professional' ? Unless your skill are on par with him, are you?

I hope the moderator will do something just and fair about this.

are you sure those who responded in the thread last night, all of them are professionals?

a young boy can claim professional himself, so can to many other people.
who is the real professionals living by shooting? only the person himself knows.

wah.. premium some more...

the reason of MO2 brought out this issue, have already state in his initial and the last post in his thread.

anyway, such pricing will not be a threat to professionals, just use little common sense you will know why.

are you sure those who responded in the thread last night, all of them are professionals?

a young boy can claim professional himself, so can to many other people.
who is the real professionals living by shooting? only the person himself knows.

Precisely, I don't, hence the quotation marks.

Anyone who is free enough to respond to this thread... I am doubtful that they are professionals.

it is very common to use big and nice words to promote oneself, many individuals and companies being doing that.

as long ones does not attack competitors or any others in the same trade, there is nothing wrong about this.

we don't stop ppl from offering, we however stop ppl from requesting...

i won't name the nick, even thou that nick got 0 post, guess probably treating photographers as fools.

100 blocks of hdb flats, 4-5 pics per block, must be sharp etc... and wanna see portfolio... and 50bucks for every 100 blocks of hdb flats...

well, you guys probably won't get to read it most of the time.

*oh ya... pics about 6mp size...

Last edited:
Just happened to receive this interestnig link from my friend. A so-called "professional" create another new thread to slam newbies.
He is not wrong by charging at lower range price.

By comparing these 2 website:

http://www.kelvinkhoophotography.com/portfolio/?album=1&gallery=5
http://hongrayphotography.webs.com/charges.htm

Of course i will choose the newbie. As a customer, we will choose the photograher based on their skill and price. If you wan to charge a higher price and call yourself "pro", u at least must increase your skill and website first.

basically, I have no issue with anyone do lowballing, people come and go, I would like to see who can do lowballing still able stay in the trade.

we don't stop ppl from offering, we however stop ppl from requesting...

i won't name the nick, even thou that nick got 0 post, guess probably treating photographers as fools.

100 blocks of hdb flats, 4-5 pics per block, must be sharp etc... and wanna see portfolio... and 50bucks for every 100 blocks of hdb flats...

well, you guys probably won't get to read it most of the time.

*oh ya... pics about 6mp size...
oh dear, still around har, so you are the one blocking them.

Just happened to receive this interestnig link from my friend. A so-called "professional" create another new thread to slam newbies.
He is not wrong by charging at lower range price.

By comparing these 2 website:

http://www.kelvinkhoophotography.com/portfolio/?album=1&gallery=5
http://hongrayphotography.webs.com/charges.htm

Of course i will choose the newbie. As a customer, we will choose the photograher based on their skill and price. If you wan to charge a higher price and call yourself "pro", u at least must increase your skill and website first.

You have to think for the future of yourself in this indusrty. If you can living on a low rate as a real freelance photographer in singapore see how long you going live on the low rate you are offering to the clients.

1) you will have to buy your daily meals

2) transport, you have to top up your ezlink card if the values rans low or hail a cab to go place where bus is not available.

3) in the long ran, you will have to pay your own insurance and hp bill etc if you parents stopping to support you.

4) you need the money to get new equipments in the long ran if you are want to be a freelance photographer.

5) if equipment spoils, need the funds to send it to service centre to get your equipment repaired.

6) your computer down or cannot work.. need the money to get new computer if the parents dun support you.

Status
Not open for further replies.